Nine

"You said WHAT?" Tatum's voice screeched through the phone.

I pull my phone away to lessen the volume of her voice. Maybe telling her I asked Dante to finally marry me mid day during my lunch wasn't the best plan.

Oh well.

"I mean we've been waiting and just taking our time but I just, I'm done waiting." I shuffled to my desk to take a seat. "He was waiting for me to be ready after everything that happened. And now... I'm ready."

We talked about getting married soon after our engagement and Dante thought we should wait and take our time. He didn't want to put stress on me after the court hearing but enough is enough. We're beyond ready.

"No I get that. But randomly after your coffee date with Catie? Nothing a little more romantic?" She jokes.

The city bustles below me and I watch the cars drive by and people move aimlessly below. I love to watch people, my favorite thing to do next to staring at Dante.

"Yes I know. I don't know what went through me. I guess I'm just sick of all the waiting for the 'right time' . We're not getting any younger and It's time to move forward." I exhale.

It's true. I've let the Fraiser's consume my life for the past several years. Even the beginning of our relationship, Dante and I, was filled with them. I was so done with it. It's time for us. For me.

"I love you girl. Of course I get it. Let me know the dates you're thinking about and I will be ON IT with the planning." Her voice was laced with excitement.

I smile, biting my lip staring nervously at my hand.

"Well... how does next month sound."

It was like I suggested we jumped off a bridge together. Complete silence, so quiet you'd hear a pin drop. I hold my breath waiting for the onslaught of my best friend's response.

"You're fucking crazy Amelia. You went from miss day by day step by step—I hate Dante Brown—to I'm so in love let's get married and have my babies." I couldn't help but laugh at her response.

"Yep."

It was true.

"Okay... let's do it."

"Let's do it? I wasn't aware you were the one getting married." I smile moving away from the windows to sit at my desk.

"I might as well be. Rodney and I are in a middle state and you're my best friend. This is practically me getting married." She sighed into the phone.

"Well let me talk to Dante first, I'm sure he'll be just as shocked at how fast I want to move as you." I smiled into the phone at the thought of his shocked expression when I told him.

"Okay, just let me know. SO EXCITED." She ended the call with a squeal.

I shook my head laying my phone down on the table.

One thing I knew for sure and that was how much I love Dante Brown and how much I couldn't wait to make it official.