Fourteen

I drop the large duffle we both are sharing as a carry on for the trip onto the stall floor. I wince at the idea of it on the bathroom floor but see nowhere else to put it. Dante and I had arrived at the airport just 10 minutes ago. We both brought changes of clothes in the duffle to get out of our ball attire.

I fumble with the zipper trying to get it open but for some reason it's stuck. I grunt trying to pull even harder but stop in fear of breaking it. Giving up I decide to just ask Dante for help. Just as I'm about to open the stall door I hear a knock.

"Hey is everything okay in there?" A soft voice asks from the other side. I open the door to see a short brunette. She's got the cutest bangs to her wildly long brown hair and a dusting of freckles on her nose and cheeks. "I heard you swearing and struggling so I thought I'd make sure you were okay. I hope this isn't weird or anything. I just didn't know if maybe you needed something like a pad or tampon or-" she stops mid sentence.

"I'm sorry, I ramble a lot." She brings her hand to her forehead in embarrassment. Who is this woman? I almost laugh at her rambling sweet gesture but don't want to embarrass her further.

"That was very nice of you but I actually just couldn't get my zipper open." I nod to the duffle in my hands. "I was about to go ask my fiance for help." I finish, my turn to be embarrassed.

"Oh well, I'm so sorry then. I didn't mean to interfere." She smiles once more and goes to turn around but I stop her.

"Wait no, you're okay. I appreciate your willingness to help. What's your name?" I ask. Interested to know who this random person is willing to offer another random lady she doesn't even know a spare tampon. Let's be real, they are expensive!

"Oh, my name's Hazel. And yours?" She asks, moving aside so I can exit the stall to head out to Dante. "I'm Amelia, it's nice to meet you Hazel." I smile at her and hold the door open for the both of us to exit the bathroom.

"You as well." Her eyes notice my engagement ring on the hand that I hold the door open with. "OH WOW. That ring is absolutely gorgeous!" She gushes over the ring and I can't blame her. It still amazes me everyday.

"Thank you! I'm actually on my way to get married right now." I say excitedly, somehow easily eager to share with this friendly woman for some reason. She instantly brightens up and rolls her suitcase closer.

"Oh wow! Congratulations! That's amazing! I'm just on my way to Scotland for a week of, hopeful adventure, and here you are getting married!" She gushes once more and I laugh at her reaction.

"Well maybe you will find your future husband on your travels." I tease before walking in the direction to where Dante stands waiting for me by check in. He looks over and smiles but then frowns in confusion at the woman next to me. Before I could say anything to him I turn towards my new acquaintance.

"Well, enjoy your vacation Hazel, may you find all the adventure the world has to offer." I say to her. She smiles back at me and turns to where I just waved at Dante.

"Girl you scored AMAZING. Congratulations on the wedding. And safe travels." Hazel gushes once more before waving and heading over to the check in for her own flight. I wave back and head over to where Dante stands.

He looks me up and down and then back at Hazel who just went the opposite way from me. "Why are you still dressed in this, and who was that?" His quizzical tone reaches my ear. I hold up the stuck zipper on the duffel in answer.

"It's stuck. She heard me struggling and offered help." I answer him and point to her.

He nods his head before reaching for the duffel and successfully unzipping it in one go. I shake my head as he shoots me a cocky smirk. "Shut up, show off," I say, turning and grabbing the bag to return to the bathroom to really change. He slaps my ass playfully when I turn to which I shake my head back, holding up a middle finger in my wake.