3. Runaway 2/3

The weather spoiled all the inhabitants of Istanbul that day. Ozan had picked up Atlas from kindergarten and took him for a walk in the bay in the winter sun. He wanted to compensate his child for his mother's absence, so he fulfilled all of Atlas' whims, which the boy was fully taking advantage of. First they went to amusment park, where Atlas was shooting at the target and spinning around on the house carousel laughing.  They ate a huge pizza and Ozan lernt that his beloved son hate mushrooms. Who knew? The time with his son made Ozan very fullfiled. But he was the happiest when Atlas handed him a handmade card on which he drew their family as a birthday gift.
Ortak, let's eat ice-cream!" The child joyfully exclaimed, running along the promenade. His dad smiled and shaked his head.
Olmas, oglum. It's not the season for ice-cream. Beside what would your mom say? She would be very angry if she found out." Atlas stopped and smiled mischievously.
We won't tell her!"
„Olmas! Mom would be very dissapointed if she found out. We are not going to eat-cream" Ozan said. He needed nothing now to divide him from Esra even more he was. He took his son's hand. Atlas was not pleased but understood that he would not talk his father into such a prank. So he followed him by the hand, glad to spend time with his friend and dad in one person.

„ I'm happy that we are here, Ortak. But I'm also sad because mom should be here with us. How long will she be gone?"  Ozan was saddened by this confession. Esra made sure that, despite the fact that they did not get along, his bond with Atlas was not severed. He loved her even more for it.
I think annem will be back tommorow. If you want to we can send her a photo of us being here."  The boy liked this idea and after a while he was showing his teeth in the sincerest smile he could. Ozan hesitated for a moment, he didn't want to upset Esra, but on the other hand, he hoped that when she saw them together in a good mood, her heart would soften a little so he pressed „send" on his phone screen. They stayed a while on the coast and returned to the district, where Menekshe and Yalcin was waiting for them. Ozan said goodbye to his son with a heavy heart. He really wanted to take him home, but he didn't want to send contradictory signals to the child, so he only promised that tomorrow they would come for him with Esra. Atlas hugged him and he ran upstairs, followed by his grandfather. The mother-in-law was not busy and as soon as the Atlas was out of sight, she indicated Ozan to a chair. It was certain that Menekshe had prepared a lecture for her son-in-law.

„ Menekshe Annem, thank you for taking care of Atlas, but I have to go, I have a lot to do today"  Ozan tried to escape in every way but Menekshe, with a fierce expression on her face, only stood and pierced him with her eyes. He couldn't resist and sat down ready for scold.
„Flattery won't help you, and I'll only take you a moment. I will not tell you that you did wrong because you already know it. Esra wasn't a saint either, and I told her that too. What interests me the most is how you are going to rectify the situation. I love you Ozan as a son and I don't want any of you to suffer, but you have a child who is the most important now. You got married for him and you have to do everything you can to stay together for him too, we understand each other?"  He wasn't even surprised that his mother-in-law knew about their little hoax. He just nodded his head as a sign that they understood each other crystal clear.

Yes ma'am"

„ Wonderful. Now go and don't come back without  wife by your side"  Menekshe smiled slightly. As he was leaving she shook her head. Who would have thought that there will be more problems with Esra and Ozan than with Eco?

The living room of the Zeyno house was occupied by Esra in a depression.  From the morning Esra was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and watching TV with a jar of chocolate cream. Zeynep could have sworn she was a friend is so confused with her thoughts that she has not even noticed that she is watching a hunting program.
„ Honey, maybe you will eat something decent? I got a borek of your mom's, you can't live only on sweets. Go on Esra, eat something and let's finally talk about what happened yesterday."  Zeyno could not stand it anymore. It was starting to feel like mourning, not a lovers' quarrel. Esra looked up at her as if she were an alien.
Nothing to talk about. My so-called husband humiliated me yesterday in front of everyone and when I left, this idiot didn't even write to me once! Not a single message or phone call! Do you get it?! Look Zeyno, the coward did not even call, did not write, nothing! Look!" to confirm her words she started waving her mobile furiously. When she felt she has proven herself, she threw the phone on the table in front of her and ate a huge spoon full of chocolate cream. The friend smiled significantly and leaned against the door, watching Esra.
So the problem is not what happened yesterday, but that Ozan should be begging at your feet for forgiveness and he doesn't? Didin't  you think it's because he doesn't know where you are?"
„ Don't talk nonsense Zeyno! I don't care if it rings or not..."  her statement was interrupted by the doorbell. Zeyno, laughing at her friend, went to open the door. Esra, on the other hand, pretended not to care who came, but she actually strained her hearing, hoping to hear Ozan's voice. Nothing like that happened. Zeyno made a sound of surprise in the hall. A moment later courier with flowers appeared in the room. With daisies for clarity. After the man Zeyno entered the room, covered in larks. The delivery man put flowers, got a signature from Zeyno and, saying goodbye, left, leaving the women in a mute shock. Zeyno was the first to speak.
„ Vay, Vay, Vay! Just in time! "
„ Zeyno ya! Do not talk nonsense. This is definitely not for me." But she did not convince herself or her friend, who was already holding the bouquet in her hand, looking for a note. When she finally found the piece of paper she handed it to Esra. Esra tried to hide her excitement, but it failed. She read the note aloud.
I am the greatest fool. But I love you. Very much. "
„How cute it is!" Zeyno melted and, watching Esra all the time, she sat down next to her. The girl tried to hide her smile but it did not work out. Finally! She was already beginning to fear that Ozan had given up without a fight. She couldn't bear it. He had accustomed her to the fact that he had always fought for her. However, she stated that she had to respect herself and not forgive at the first attempt. She crossed her arms over her chest and ostentatiously turned her head in the opposite direction.
Throw them out. I don't want his flowers". The sound of the incoming message interrupted her. Faster than was appropriate, she reached for her phone to check notifications. A picture of Ozan and Atlas smiling on the promenade appeared on the screen. She allowed herself a moment of forgetfulness and smiled warmly. Zeyno, who also looked at the device, could not help but comment.
Your boys are so cute! Just look at them! I can eat them. Mashallah!"
„They are, aren't they....A Zeyno ya! Don't take me against the grain! Do not fraternize with the enemy! Ozan does it on purpose, but I'll show him." She rubbed her hands with a diabolical smile.
„Girl, I give my word that I don't understand you anymore. You just wanted him to care, now you are complaining! What are you planning?" Zeyno sighed resignedly. Sometimes she was fed up with her friend's complicated relationship. But her friend didn't respond her.