twenty six

The man hammered the door knob many times. He was wearing a suit with a mask on his face. Aliyah couldn't believe her eyes, Pano nakapasok to dito?!

"Hoy! Anong ginagawa mo?!" Aliyah stepped out of the door. She didn't know where she found the guts to shout when in reality she's scared as hell.

"Ate Liyah ano ba pumasok ka nga dito!" Stella whispered shouted behind her.

He looked at her in surprise before suddenly running away.

"Hoy!"

Aliyah was about to run after him but the girls stopped her. Stella was holding her hand and Guia scolded her. "Ano ba Liyah! Wag mo habulin!"

She had a deep frown on her face, Aliyah was agitated when she saw Mira's door opened. She removed Stella's hold on her and walked towards unit 1108.

"Nasira ung door knob." She whispered.

"Tinawagan ko na ung landlord, tumawag na din tayo ng guard." She heard Joanne said.

"Ako na tatawag wait." Mayu offered.

"Liyah pumasok ka muna dito sa loob baka nandyan pa ung lalaki." Cielo called out and walked towards her.

She was still staring at the unit. Aliyah wanted to go inside.

Sighing, she said "Baka nandito pa ung lalaki tas pumasok pa sya sa unit. Hintayin na lang natin ung guard."

"Pano kaya nakapasok yon. Akala ko ba secured dito." Guia said.

The girl stubbornly waited by Mira's until the guards came.

After telling the situation, the guard radioed something while the other one went to where the robber run to.

Magnanakaw ba yon? Pero bukas pinto ko, bat hindi ung akin niloob?

Of course, she doesn't want to get mugged but thinking about it, Aliyah felt like something was wrong. And everything about it involved Mira.

Oak Woods Office

"Ano nangyari?"

"Mukhang wala po talaga siya don sa unit niya."

"Ano?! Napasok mo naman ba? At least?"

"Hindi po, triny ko pong buksan ung pinto pero muntikan na ako mahuli."

Emmanuel Sevilla slammed his fist on the table in frustration. His assistant stands before his table with his hands on his back and head down.

"Wala ka man lang nagawang maayos sa inutos ko?"

The man rubbed his temple. "Si Samantha nakita mo?"

"Hindi po wala rin po siya sa Manila."

"Eh nasan siya?!" Emmanuel shouted.

The assistant didn't say anything and kept quiet. As Emmanuel was shaking in anger, he brushed his hair up and then bit his finger. The old man's hands were shaking.

"Ah pasakit." He grumbled under his breath in a low tone. His eyes darted toward the darkness outside the window. Emmanuel doesn't blink, he stared like a new world was living in his head.

It was the next day and Aliyah didn't go to work. After the situation last night, she couldn't get herself be motivated to move around.

One, she was scared.

Two, she's worried.

And three, she felt sick.