thirty three

"May mali talaga kay Sam simula nung umuwi siya." Stella said.

Stella is with Joanne in their unit after a long day at school.

"Oo nga eh." Joanne replied and sighed. "Buti na lang magkasama na sina ate Liyah at Mira."

The youngest nodded. "Ang lamya ni Sam, hindi kaya tungkol to sa pagiging taga mana niya?"

Joanne didn't talk because she also doesn't have a clue. They could only assume as they wait for Sam to tell them what happened.

Sam just finished her class and was tiredly walking out the campus. As she walked by the street, a man blocked her way.

"Sam."

She frowned. "Kuya James. Ano ginagawa mo dito."

"May binabalak si Papa." James straightforwardly said.

"Alam ko." Sam glared at him.

"What?" James was shocked at what the girl said. "Alam mo?"

"Oo, basically binantaan niya na rin naman ako nung nasa Baguio ako."

"Huh?!" He widened his eyes. "Anong sabi niya."

"Nung tinanggihan ko ung binibigay niyang mana, wala siyang reaction. Parang wala lang sakaniya kaya akala ko okay na. Pero may sinabi siya..."

"Papa..." Sam unconsciously said at the Man in front of her. That word stings in her mouth, she hates it.

"My one and only daughter." Emmanuel smiled wide and extended his arms. "How are you?" He grinned.

Sam furrowed her eyebrows and stayed rooted at her spot.

"I know you're doing well, correct?" Emmanuel smirked as he put down his arms. "Oh well, ischedule na natin after graduation mo mag tratrabaho ka na agad sa oak woods and then- "

"No, binigay ko na kay kuya James. Sakanya na lahat ng mana, siya na mag asikaso ng company mo."

Emmanuel went quiet and his reaction fell. He scrunched up his nose and nodded. "Well then. I'll take matters into my own hands. Balita ko papuntang Cebu si Mira?"

She then was alarmed. How did he know that when she and the others don't?

He tapped his chin and again grinned. "I'll see you when I see you daughter. Continue living your life and don't get in my way."

"Di ko pa alam kung anong gagawin niya." Sam said. She was honestly getting anxious day by day. Worried for Mira, her friends, and herself. Whatever Emmanuel is planning for sure they wouldn't like it.

"Binawi na ung revision ng parole ni Mira." James said.

"Pano mo nalaman yan?"

"Pumunta akong oakwoods."

Sam scoffed. "So kasabwat ka ulit ni Papa?"

James shook his head. "Just, make sure to keep an eye on Mira paguwi niya."

"Paguwi? How sure are you na wala siyang gagawin habang nasa cebu sila?"

"Basta. Aalis na ako, mag ingat ka." James turned around and started walking away.

Sam stared at his back in disbelief.

Aliyah and Mira were laying on the grass under the tree. Chilling and enjoying each other's company. Aliyah was humming a tune as she looked up at the clouds.

"Your skin oh yeah your skin and bones." She started singing. This made Mira turn her head at her and smiled as she watches the girl.

"Turn in, to something beautiful." Aliyah even imitated a guitar while singing. Then she looked at Mira.

"You know, you know I love you so."

She paused and smiled endearingly. Mira's eyes are really a galaxy, there's a whole space full of stars inside of them. Aliyah couldn't help but get absorbed in, happily so.

"You know I love you so." She said the last line in a way that she really meant it.

"You have a great voice." Mira commented.

"Thanks."

Aliyah mustered up the courage and said, "I don't know if it's too early to say but totoo yun...ung lyrics. I really do."

"You're my yellow too."

It's weird how a heart could be chaotic and calm at the same time. Like it was beating so loud but also have that comforting feeling. Aliyah felt everything a girl in love could feel. It was blissful.

They fell into a comfortable silence again after that. There's a feeling of contentment in the air, both girls wouldn't deny. It was like they were in the same page, same feeling.

"I want to ask," Mira broke the silence. "Bakit dito mo ako dinala? Instead na umuwi sa apartment."

"Hmmm, wala lang." Aliyah chuckled. "I wanted to show myself to you I guess."

"Para makilala mo ko. I wanted to share this with you. My childhood place, my dog, my mom." She giggled, "Para ka nang anak ni Mama alam mo yon?"

It was true. For the days they were there, Tita Ellie started getting warm with Mira and treated her well. She asked for the girl's favorite foods and cooks it for Mira. She converses with her very comfortably and same goes for Mira.

Aliyah was glad that the two were getting along.

"I like your mom."

"More than me?"

Mira laughed. "Maybe?"

"Magtatampo ako," Aliyah pouted. "Bahala ka diyan." She joked while Mira chuckled at the girl.

Her hands grabbed a hold of Mira's and played with the girl's palm.

"Your hands are soft." Mira said.

Aliyah interlocked their fingers. "Yeah, and it fits yours."