thirty four

The two girls were still under the tree but this time Mira was sitting up and Aliyah was laying her head on the girl's lap.

"Wait, so kapatid ni Sam si James tas pinsan mo sila?" Aliyah asked. Mira was telling everything that happened in Bauio and about how she got jailed. Basically, her whole life story.

"Yeah, hindi ko nga alam na may isang pinsan pa ako eh. Si Kuya James lang nakakalaro ko nung bata ako."

"Siya ba ung nagpasali sayo sa dance club?"

"Oh, you remember that? Yes, siya nga."

Of course, Aliyah remembers it. She remembers the details to every story Mira talks about.

"He was really kind and clumsy. Kuya James couldn't hurt a fly kahit nga ipis, takot siya."

Aliyah was staring at Mira and lets her thumb caress the latter's hand.

"Kaya ang hirap talaga isipin na...you know."

"It's a small world." Aliyah said.

"True."

Then Aliyah sat up as well beside Mira. "I'm happy that you could talk about this with me."

"Yeah, me too."

"Aliyah, Mira!" From a distance, Tita Ellie was with Sky calling them. "Bumili ako ng meryenda." She said as she walked closer to the two. And Sky started running towards them and licking Aliyah's face.

Aliyah rubbed Sky's head as both of the girls stood up.

She grabbed Sky's leash and Mira followed behind them with tita Ellie.

When they were back at the house, tita Ellie ushered them straight to the dining area.

"Since last day na ni Mira ngayon, bumili ako ng fav niya. Japanese foods." Tita Ellie said as she went to the kitchen.

"Si Mira lang? Fav ko rin kaya Japanese foods." Aliyah said.

Mira laughed and patted her head. "Okay lang yan."

"Ay by the way, can I borrow your phone? Tatawagan ko si Officer Manalo."

Aliyah looked at her, "Sure, may number ako ni Officer. Pero nasa taas ung phone ko, wait."

"Weh?" Mira said in surprise. "Ako na kukuha ng phone."

"Oo, kasi nung nawala ka may nagtangka sa unit mo tas dumating sila Officer Manalo. Nagusap kami tungkol sayo tas binigay niya calling card niya."

"Wait lang. Nagtangka????"

"Hindi ko pala nasabi sayo?" Aliyah gave a small laugh. "Don't worry, hindi naman nangyari kasi nakita ko before makapasok, hahabulin ko pa nga sana kaso pinigilan ako nila Cielo."

Mira frowned. "Why didn't you tell me? Tsaka bat mo hinabol????"

Aliyah stopped her before Mira could scold her more. "Pero I'm fine naman oh, so tawagan mo na si Officer dali."

She pushed Mira away softly so the girl could do a call. Mira sighed and went upstairs. The girl went inside the room and saw Aliyah's phone by the bedside table.

Mira called the Officer's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Officer, Si Mira po to. Kasama ko po si Aliyah dito sa Cebu. I'm really sorry po hindi ako nagparamdam,"

"Mira,"

"Pero about po don sa revision ng parole ko po, wala naman po akong nilabag para ma revoke ang parole ko sir,"

"Mira okay na,"

"Wala naman po akong ginagawang masama- "

"Mira!"

She stopped talking when Officer Manalo suddenly raised his voice. "Po?"

"Okay na, binawi na ang revision. Mabuti naman na mukhang okay ka na Mira."

"Po?" Mira was in disbelief. "Nabawi na?"

"Yes, Malaya ka parin. Magiingat ka diyan Mira, mabuhay ng marangal." Officer Manalo laughed a little.

Mira was still in shock until the call ended. Malaya parin siya. Malaya parin siya!

She put down the phone and put her hands on her mouth. Mira was happy, she was in so much joy.

Then she noticed Aliyah's cactus by the window. It has a small blooming flower on top of it.

It has bloom.

She quickly went downstairs to Aliyah and her mom.

"Liyah!" She immediately went towards the girl and lifted her up then twirling her around air.

"Mira!" Aliyah squealed when the girl lifted her. She put her arms around the girl's neck and laughed. "Ano nangyari?"

Mira put her down and panted. "Ang gaan mo?"

Aliyah glared at her playfully. "Ah talaga?"

"Mukhang masaya ka Mira anak ah." Tita Ellie said with a smile.

At the word 'anak', Mira felt a surge of emotions. It elevated her happiness more.

Mira has her smile reached her ears. "Malaya parin ako. Binawi ang revision."

Aliyah widened her eyes. "Talaga? Omg that's good!"

"Nagbloom na siya Liyah."

"Huh? Nagbloom?"

"Ung cactus?" Tita Ellie said. Mira nodded, yes.

Aliyah softly smiled and hugged Mira. "I'm happy."