Norman X Reader | Sleepy | Part 1

|~|~|~|~|~|
(A/N) Gela: The story was quite long so I divided it into two parts~ Enjoy~

Ordinary AU
"Sleepy"
☁️☁️☁️
|~|~|~|~|~|

The golden rays of the sun reflected in your view of what was once a peaceful darkness you'd only recently attained. Upon turning your head to the other direction, you'd hear a gleeful greeting from no other than Emma, the most energetic ball of sunshine you've ever known. Groaning miserably, you cover your head with a pillow, and alas you fall into a light slumber. Sleeping deeply or not, you'd take any rest that you could because you felt fatigued every morning. You weren't always like this, but you've come to have the habit of accepting the new nickname of "Sleepy Sister."

The name suits your current state very well. And although you were half awake by the time all the kids greeted each other, you were asleep enough to not understand a thing and remain at rest. Shockingly, not even the loudest wake up call of Emma could ever get you to react in the slightest movement. But there is a certain platinum blonde hair boy who could spark magic and wake you up.

"(Y/n), (y/n)..." A soft familiar voice called out and you felt a pair of soft hands patting your head and caressing your cheek. With that, you opened one eye to take a peek and his dashing smile always got you to perk up a bit. "Well hello, alarm clock." You greeted and turned away from that handsome face.

Norman chuckled and went to the other side of the bed just to face you properly. "(Y/n), wake up now." He continued and he sounded as sweet as ever. Norman was indeed an innocent charming kind soul, but you kind of missed the way he'd tease you and only you. He had another side that was only present with you around. Unfortunately things changed, but nonetheless his extra caring character was something you'd long for no doubt.

"I'm awake." You lied and cheekily smiled but knew your eyes were fluttering close once more. And though you didn't see, he rolled his eyes and added, "Wake up sleepy head, you don't want to get scolded now, don't you?" he pointed out to which you understood but requested for a minute or two to stay in bed. Norman nodded no since 2 minutes will turn into 5 then 10 and before you knew it, Mama Isabella will be leaning on the doorframe, ready to discipline a certain someone.

Usually, you'd get up by now for as long as it was Norman who'd wake you up with the usual head patting. But since your body felt heavier, it took a few more minutes before Norman got you to wake up. In all honesty, he practically had to drag you out of bed literally. He held both your hands, pulling you up to sit down. He managed to do this of course, what he didn't expect was for you to lean on his shoulder, slightly brushing off your cheeks to one another.

Now, pink flares were evident at this boy's face, you were too close. "(Y/n)..." He calls out and you lean away, finally standing up. "I'm awake." You mumbled with a yawn before going to the washroom to freshen up without noticing the flustered male who was staring into the bed frame. Norman then waited outside the room however it took a moment for Norman to regain his composure.

Although you washed up, your eyes were still pretty tired and upon going out, Norman was waiting by the hallway, smiling like usual. Sleepily, you yawned once more before smiling back at him, "good morning." You greeted and Norman nodded. "Morning, let's head down now." He suggests and grabs your hand, leading you down the stairway. Ever since he heard the incident of you missing a step one morning and tripped, he'd always guide you down the stairs every morning. You insisted on not troubling him, but it was more troublesome in arguing with him so you let him be. Besides, having your long-time crush hold your hand every morning down the stairs, who wouldn't want that?

Ray then tags along and sees you with a drowsy look, avoiding the sunlight. This made him chuckle and comment, "Looks like a sleepyhead is still sleepy." He teased and you rubbed your eye, "And you're awfully talkative." He scoffed in return and said, "Anyway, Norman, you have to help out in the kitchen." Norman nodded yes but replied, "I'll just lead (y/n) to the dining."