Ray X Reader | Nicknames

|~|~|~|~|~|
(A/N) Gela: They asked me if I would you rather be called darling or sweetheart? And I answered, "I prefer huckleberry" Anyways, Here's a sweet Ray X Reader for y'all

☁️☁️☁️

Modern AU

School Setting

|~|~|~|~|~|

"But sweetheart, you need more nutrients!" Emma scolded Norman as the four of you ate at the same table. This line caused him to blush, while you and Ray averted your eyes everywhere else where those two love birds were not in view. And with that, you caught a glimpse of Ray rolling his eyes which made you chuckle. Upon hearing your laughter, he shrugged even more.

While you and Ray had your own world going on, meaning him glaring at you, and you laughing at his serious face, Norman and Emma continued to converse. "Okay, Emma, I'll eat it, now chill." Norman replied sweetly and Emma nodded her head in disagreement.

"How can I chill if you just say yes and don't really-" she finally stopped blabbering when Norman leaned in to her, cupping both her cheeks. "Darling, I act what I speak. The last time I got sick was just an unlucky phenomenon." He dashed a charming smile at Emma and her cheeks tinted in pink.

Finally, she stopped talking, and this relieved Ray very much. "You guys are using nicknames now, huh?" You commented and Ray furrowed his brows. "Please do not encourage them." He groaned and you laughed. "Too sweet to handle?" You added and he ignored you. "Mean."

"Ms. Annoying." He replies and you were about to annoy him more but Emma beat you to it. "Welp, the two of you have been using nicknames ever since, and you're not dating." She teased and Ray reasoned out, "We use appropriate nicknames. Not those cringe and lovey dovey ones."

"Me and Norman are not cringe." She huffed and you started laughing. Emma then darted her eyes towards you, questioning if you thought the same and you just pressed your lips into a straight line. "Come on, tell her it's cringe." Ray budged your shoulder. And you gestured a yes with a smile at Emma.

"Norman, is it cringe?" She pouted facing Norman, and though saying sweet nicknames in public was new to him, he liked the feeling ringed to it. "I don't see how it is cringe sweetheart. Don't mind the two of them." He replied and Ray shrugged. "Great, they'll say more new cringe nicknames from now on."

Months have passed and Norman and Emma evolved from darling and sweetheart to honey pie and sugar puff. They use these so much that Ray got used to hearing it as well and naturally ignores it. The thing is, the more you hear something repeatedly, the more likely you'd say the same thing. This was evident when his mouth slipped into saying such nicknames to you.

Ray chuckles at you and shows the right way in solving the problem. "That's how you solve it, darling." He mutters and his eyes widened as yours, shocking the two of you. He looked like a tomato and so did you, but luckily, before he could be more embarrassed, you let out a heartfelt laugh.

"My-my, sweetheart." You decided to shrug off the awkward tension by returning the nickname, "looks like someone inherited a habit." You managed to smile serenely amidst the rapid pace of your heart.

With that the both of you laughed and Ray rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry, Norman and Emma just-" you cut him off, "No need to explain, I kinda called one of my friends baby by accident." You rubbed the back of your head and he smirked. "By accident?" He repeated teasingly and you scoffed at his reply. "Please, baby is just too cringe." You acted as though you were disgusted but deep down you knew you wouldn't mind being called that if it was said by a certain raven haired male.

The Promised Neverland x Reader One Shots | Requests Open जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें