𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎

"Mom where are my skates?!" I heard my brother Caleb shout all the way from his room.

Isn't this a wonderful way to wake up

I though to myself, as I stirred around in my bed trying to determine wether or not I should get out of bed.

I looked around the room for my clock.

If it's after ten thirty then I have to get up. I told myself.

10: 37 AM

"Ugh" I groaned as I reluctantly got up from my bed, and unrolled out of my covers.

I headed towards the door of my room. My floor filled up with clutter, books, shoes, socks, and random make up products.

I survived the Eloise's floor obstacle course and started walking down stairs.

When my foot knocked into something,"Hey Cabes your skates are on the stairs!" I shouted as I walked around them.

"Thanks Elo you're a life saver," he rushed down the stairs almost slipping on his socks. "Did I wake you up because if I did I didn't mean to." He said in an extremely apologetic manner which is an emotion he's starting to develop.

"Nah don't worry about it, it's 10 AM anyway it was about time for me to wake up." I reassured him as I stepped into the kitchen to find my brother and my dad eating cereal at the kitchen table, while my mom prepared eggs in the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I said as they all looked up at me.

"Hey kiddo thought I would have to wake you up for breakfast." My dad exclaimed keeping his eyes on the back of the cereal box.

"Dad come on, you saw me when I got home from practice earlier."I laughed referring to getting home from a horrific two hour swim practice.

"How was practice by the way?" Owen asked, now joining my dad on examining the cereal box.

"It was horrible," I said as I opened the fridge and searched for my eggo waffles. "We had a distance set which would've been fine but every time before we repeated it we had to do an all out kick set."

"That sucks- let's go look dad I found it!" Owen said pointing at something on the cereal box.

"Beginners luck!" My dad cheekily smiled at him.

My mom chuckled.

"Hey mom!" I greeted her as I walked towards the toaster oven. I gave her a kiss on the cheek, just like I do every morning.

"Hi Eloise"she said putting two fried eggs on a plate. She turned around towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek in return, "You kids excited for school tomorrow?" She addressed my two brothers and I.

"No." The three of us replied in union.

"Owen why aren't you excited it's your senior year?" She looked in my brothers direction sending over a concerned expression, "Next year you're headed off to college I mean aren't you excited for your last year as a kid?"

"Yeah I guess I just wouldn't use school as an example of me being excited." He played with his hair.

"Well i that's alright I just thought this would be something you would be more excited about that's all." my mother said turning back around and reaching towards the cabinet to grab another plate.

"You know what I am excited for the draft!" He smiled at the dream of being selected by one of the 32 teams in the NHL.

My brother Owen was predicted to be a first round pick in the 2018 NHL draft, he had already started meeting with teams that were interested in him.