𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"Mom! Dad! I'm leaving to go and get sharpies with Jack I'll see you guys later!" I yelled.

"Ok have fun-" My mom said but was cut off by my obnoxiously over protective older brother.

"Hold up," he sprinted his way into the room. "You guys are just letting her go?" He stomped his right foot on the ground while holding up his left arm pointing towards me.

"Yes why wouldn't we?" A concerned look penetrated my fathers face.

"Because, because-" my brother mumbled trying to find an excuse as to why our parents shouldn't allow me to go.

"Isn't is obvious," Caleb yelled from the couch, the sound of Sherk coming from the tv as it played in the background.

"Is what obvious?" I asked in utter confusion why all of a sudden my brothers didn't want me hanging out with Jack.

"That he likes you and that you like him back," Caleb snickered.

My cheeks turned a scarlet shade of red."Haha very funny," I rolled my eyes and narrowed them at Owen. Sarcasm so easily depicted in my tone.

My dad started laughing, rocking back and forth on his feet. By the way he was laughing you would think my brother just told the best joke in the world.

Owen joined in on my fathers laughter, slapping his leg and gaping for air every couple seconds. My mom chuckled and stared at me with a look I knew too well, she was giving me her signature do you actually like him look.

My dad finally stopped laughing and turned his head in my direction."Do you actually like him Elo? He's a good kid comes from a good family I wouldn't mind if you two got together." His features signaling the sincerity present in his voice.

"I'm leaving now good bye," I walked towards the door, not looking back as my whole face was now completely red.

I slammed the door behind me and walked over to my car.

What's their problem

I rolled my eyes at my brothers.

How am I supposed to give them an answer on my feeling towards Jack if I myself aren't sure.

My phone digned and it pulled me away from my thoughts. I tapped the screen and low in the hole it was Jack Rowden Hughes.

New message from Jacky Boy 🤠

Jacky Boy 🤠:
Howdy! Just so you know my parents want to
meet you so if you want you can come inside
and eat a snack before we leave

Elo Weezy 🦐:
Hi! Sure I don't mind going
inside and meeting your parents.
Also a snack does sound nice
Thank you Rowden!

Jacky Boy 🤠:
Your very welcome Weezy
See you in a couple minutes

Elo Weezy 🦐:
You're*

Jacky Boy 🤠:
Literally stop.

Elo Weezy 🦐:
No! 🫶

Jacky Boy 🤠:
Goodbye ✋

I laughed and started up my car. I drove over to Hughes house.

The closer I got to his house the more this knot in my stomach I didn't know existed started to form.

I couldn't shake the thought of meeting his parents out of my head. I couldn't tell why though because it's not like we were dating or anything like that.