𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"Jack come downstairs now!" My mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

Oh shit! I wonder what I did.

I walked downstairs trying to think of anything that I could've done to have my mom yelling for me.

"Why didn't you tell me you liked Eloise?" My mom knitted her eyebrows and stared at me.

I frowned, as my checks started to heat up "What are you talking about?" I asked in complete confusion.

"Oh come on Jack," my mother rolled her eyes."Luke told me you like her."

"What!" I shouted.

"Yes he did, so is it true?" She asked.

"I don't know," I confessed. "I mean she's really pretty and smart and she doesn't let anyone step all over her and she doesn't wait for people to tell her it's ok for her to do things she just does it." I said in utter adoration.

"Sounds like you like her a lot." My mom grinned.

I blushed.

"I guess," I whispered to myself as I hid my face with my sweatshirt.

My mom chuckled.

"Alright Jack now if you like her so much why don't you just ask her out?" My mom walked away.

I guess I really do like her I thought to myself.

.....

"Dad!" I shouted from my room.

"Yes Eloise?" My dad screamed back from the kitchen.

"Have you seen my pink tech suit?" I yelled desperately rummaging through my drawers.

"No I haven't," My dad said more quietly as he walked up the stairs.

"Shit," I whispered to myself.

"Eloise did you lose it?" My dad asked leaning on the doorframe of my room.

"I think I did, but I saw it a couple days ago," I frowned.

"Maybe call your friends to see if they saw it when you hung out," my dad suggested.

"Good idea!" I commented.

I rushed over to my phone and FaceTimed Jack.

His face appeared on the screen.

He didn't have a shirt on and he was in a bathing suit, he had his signature black New York yankees hat on backwards.

Jack was sitting on the ground playing with his dog Bingo and his phone was set on the ground leaning against something so it wouldn't fall.

"What's up?" Jack answered.

"Hey Jack," I smiled. "I was looking for my tech suit as my dad and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a swim meet, but I was wondering if when we hung out yesterday you had seen my pink tech suit?"

Jack laughed, "Do you not remember you told me you put it in your USA bag?"

"Oh right," I smiled awkwardly.

"Elo you've gotta start paying more attention,"Jack scolded me while holding in a laugh.

"I know," I sighed as I walked downstairs to the laundry room.

I kicked Caleb's shoes to the side of the stairs so they wouldn't be in the way.

"So what are you doing today?" I asked setting my phone down on the washing machine as I looked for my bag.

"Just hanging out with the fam," he rested his head against Bingo using him as a pillow.Now he was fully laying down on the floor holding up his phone.

"Found it!" I celebrated.

"Don't you have like a million other suits?" Jack asked.

"Yes I do have a lot, but I wanted to wear this one because I got new goggles and they're the same shade of pink so it wouldn't make sense for me to not try and match." I said.

"Alright alright," Jack laughed. "Are you almost done packing?"

"Yeah pretty much," I walked back up the stairs. "All I have to do is get some sharpies from the store and that's it."

I put my tech suit in my bag and closed it. I put it next to my suitcase and my other swim bag.

"Why do you need sharpies?" Asked a very intrigued Jack.

"To write my events on my hand," I looked at the camera. "Do you wanna come get sharpies with me?" I suggested.

"Sure," Jack got up from the floor and went inside of his house.

He walked to his kitchen and set his phone down on the counter to drink some water.

"Jack who are you talking to?" His mom asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"I'm talking to Eloise," he smiled at his mom.

"Oh can I talk to her you and Luke talk about her all the time but I still haven't met her." His mom walked over to Jacks phone.

"Hi Mrs. Hughes," I waved at the blonde woman.

"Hi Eloise it's so nice to finally meet you even though it's not in person." She smiled at me. Even though it was through the phone I could tell she was happy to talk to me.

"Don't worry mom you will meet her in person when she comes to pick me up so we can get sharpies," I smiled.

"That sounds nice," his mom smiled.

"So what time should I pick you up Jacky boy?" I asked searching for my Birkenstocks.

"Um maybe in twenty?" He suggested.

"Alright sounds good." I smiled at him through the camera. "Ok bye jack."

"Bye Elo." He said as I hung up.

Authors note
I'm back! I'll try and update as soon as I can .