𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

"Hey dukes," I greeted Luke as he opened the door to my car.

"Sup Jack." He said as he hoped in.

"How was your first day of highschool?" I asked out of curiosity.

"It was sweet! Caleb and I met these two girls and they're so pretty like you don't even know, they're also super nice." Luke filled me in on his day.

"That's such a good first day Luke," I laughed."Dukes making plays on the first day of school atta boy!" I high-fived him.

"What about you and Eloise," he smirked.

"What about her?" I questioned pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Oh I don't know maybe that you two seem to get along pretty well and you both seem to talk a lot for only knowing each other for a day," he stated.

"Ok and what?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Isn't it obvious," Luke rolled his eyes."You like her."

"Luke you spend one day with high school girls and you already think you're a girl expert," I chuckled.

"Come on, you know you like her."

"Dukes what if I don't know," I confessed.

"We'll you're gonna figure it out, right?" He questioned.

"Of course," I looked over at him and smiled.

We didn't say a word on our drive back.

All I was thinking about was what Luke had said.

.....

"Hey Elo," Caleb greeted me walking into my room. "Luke is coming over with Jack I just wanted to let you know."

"Thanks Caleb," I smiled at him looking up from my summer reading homework.

I had finally finished up the book we had to read the last thing I needed to do was the work assigned for the book.

The doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I shouted getting up from the floor and walking down stairs to open the door.

"Hey Jack hey Luke," I greeted the two boys as I opened the door.

"Why hello there Carter," Jack joked as he walked in.

"You're in a good mood today with all the jokes," I laughed as Luke made his way to Caleb's room.

"Haha very funny." Jack rolled his eyes.

"Well you know me, I'm always trying to lighten the mood." I closed the door.

We walked towards the kitchen where my mom was reading a book.

"Hi Mrs.Carter!" Jack greeted my mom as we walked into the kitchen.

"Hi Jack how are you honey?" She asked as she closed her book.

"I'm really good Mrs. Carter, what about you?"

"I'm good as well," She smiled. "Eloise sweetie the Millers were wondering if you could babysit Saylor and Logan just for a couple hours and they promised they would be back before six since they know about your practice schedule."

"I mean I wouldn't mind but I don't want to leave Jack alone," I said as I was hoping I could spend some time with him.

"If you want I could ask if Jack can come too." My mother suggested.

"What do you think Jack," I turned to ask him.

"I wouldn't mind I love kids, but I wouldn't want to be a burden," He shyly admitted.