5. Not So Blind Dates

I'm in class right now, but it's whatever.

Continued from the previous chapter<3

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I think I'm done," Brynn removes her hands from my body

She goes as far as taking a few steps back so that she can truly admire her work.

My best friend has dressed me in a dress which she put a knitted vest over due to its awkward length, from there she put a beret on my freshly curled hair, and gold jewelry on my body.

"And now for the finishing touches" she says

She grabs the leather jacket from the chair near my closet and hands it to me.

I accept said jacket from her hands and carefully slip it on.

"Do I look okay?" I ask

Brynn's eyes slowly trail my clothed silhouette down and up.

"You look better than 'okay', but my opinion doesn't matter...you're the one who's voluntarily going on a date with a rumored vampire"

My jaw drops at her accusation.

"A date that you set up for me!"

-

As Brynn slowly pulls into a parking lot near the park she hands me a whistle that sport coaches usually use.

My eyes widen at this action from her.

"If you're in danger just blow on this and I'll be here quicker than you can say 'molasses'"

Not wanting us to have another argument I choose to just nod my head.

"Okay Brynn" I say as calmly as possible

I exit the motor vehicle and calmly stroll towards the small park. The park is lit by a singular, fluorescent street light that is a few feet away from the play area.

I would not think much of this if I were not alone near a creepy looking set of woods.

I continue to walk towards the park only to cease all movement when the sound of a tree branch being broken in half meets my ears.

My head snaps in the direction that the sound came from, ironically enough this happens to be the woods.

I stare intensely at said woods for a few seconds only to tighten my grip on the whistle that Brynn has given me.

I do a silent prayer before slowly making my way in the direction of the woods, crossing my arms as a way to rid my goosebumps.

...you know what...that actually makes very little sense.

I take my eyes off of the gathered trees for three seconds at most.

I turn my head as my eyes scan the dimly lit area around me in a nervous manner.

As I turn my head to look towards the woods again I am frightened by the sight of the white haired girl standing directly in front of me.

What the-

I accidentally run into her due to her standing so close to me.

Seriously? This again?

I am thankful when she wraps her arms around my waist, preventing me from falling onto the dirt.

"You're jumpy" she attractively chuckles

Fuck! I'm falling quickly.

"How did you do that?"