bad memories

"when I was a kid," he says quietly, "I had a little brother I tormented. I wasn't an average brother who bullied him sometimes, I made his life hell. He was so afraid of these damn animatronics... I was reckless and stupid, and he was the one who suffered for it. on his eighth birthday he- i-" he chokes up and begins to cry. you pull him closer and wrap your arms around him, trying to make him feel safe like he says he does around you. his head rests on your chest and you sit behind him, somewhat like a pillow trying to help. 

"He was only eight. y/n, he was only eight and his death was my fault." he stops again and you're unsure how to comfort him. It hurts to listen to him cry and you hold him as tightly as possible, wishing you knew how to help him better.

"after he died, my father was even worse to me. he was beyond abusive, it was torture. he wished it was me instead of Evan who died, and I did too. After I tried to end it the first time, my mother lost it and ran away. she had lost so much- her daughter a few years before, then her youngest, and her oldest son wasn't helping her any. It was just me and my father then, and he didn't want me around, so he sent me to live with his business partner and now our boss, Henry. Henry was close with my dad, really close, and he was always like family. After he had lost his daughter he became more distant to our family, but he still tried to help me. I stayed with him for the rest of my childhood and I haven't seen my mother since then. I've been trying to find her for years with no luck, and whenever my father visited Henry or tried to take me back home I ran away. I got involved in bad stuff but Henry was always there for me, although I didn't deserve it. He's been telling me not to go looking for my father, but I need to find him. I dunno why, I just need answers. Vincent, the night guard, had been helping me for months until just now, I don't know if you saw him outside just then, but we were arguing. he found something out and said there were to many risks now, I don't know how I'm going to find my father now, or if I even want to anymore." the entire time while he spoke to you sat with him, stroking his hair and holding him tight. He had stopped crying a while ago, but you could still hear the hurt in his voice.

"for years I wanted revenge on him for how he treated me, how he treated all of us. but now, I want to let the demon fight his own demons, I suppose. I'm at peace now, I don't feel so hollow anymore." he finishes and you don't know what to say, so for a while you say nothing at all. you feel him tense up.

"y/n? are you alright?" he asks, quiet.

"Michael?" you whisper. He turns and faces you, and you see his red, puffy eyes. afraid you'll cry yourself, you bury your head into his chest and he holds you. you hold each other, like you're all the other has left. perhaps you are.

"you're crying, y/n." he murmurs.

"So are you." you respond. Neither of you moves for hours, and you sit quietly on your bed until you both eventually fall asleep in each other's arms.

a/n: this is rlly short I should've combined it with the last chapter lol

word count: 609