just another day in the office

the rest of the day went by smoothly, you stayed in Parts and Service and were able to complete your monotonous work from the computer on Michael's makeshift desk.

all things considered, you were as productive as usual. Michael on the other hand, spent the entire day sitting on the floor, head against your lap, either constantly dosing off to sleep or talking about whatever popped into his head. it amazed you that he could make in depth conversations from nothing, and how he could go on rants about the smallest little things and would only stop talking to ask you to continue playing with his hair if you ever stopped. whenever he did this, it made you giggle. seeing a grown man go from complaining about the shape of shredded cheese (which you didn't understand in the slightest) to politely asking you to run your hands through his hair was both hilarious and adorable.

in this way, he was a lot like an easily entertained little kid who could make friends just by endlessly talking to everyone they meet. you on the other hand, struggled with carrying conversations or speaking to people in general, so it was nice to be able to say a sentence and have him then talk nonstop for the next half hour.

the small amounts of times when Michael was half asleep were the only times you got any work done, as you were mainly too focused on him and your silly conversations to do any tasks. even as he drifted off to sleep against you, you found it hard to concentrate on anything other than him. how could you?

luckily, your tasks were simple and easy, all you understand to do was order some more bulk party hats and crayons packets. these seem like the kinds of things Henry would be able to do himself, I don't see why he'd need to hire someone else to buy paper hats for him. you look back down from the slow-loading computer to Michael, who's mouth is slightly open from breathing out in his sleep. I heard he used to have a business partner. that probably made all the managing a lot easier for him. i wonder what happened to them though, you thought as you observed Michael. his calm sleeping demeanor was very different than his he was awake only a few moment ago.

fuck, my legs are asleep again. you realized and silently cursed yourself. however, it's not like you were going to force Michael to wake up and move for you to stretch, you could handle the annoying feeling. he's so cute when he's asleep, too.

you felt yourself drifting off as you watching him sleep peacefully. doing nothing but watching other people do things was a good way to trick your brain into wanting to do what they were doing, something you found out years ago. just as you closed your eyes, a cheery alarm went off signaling the shift was over. Michael jolted up and took a moment to remember his surroundings before groaning and flopping his head back against your thigh.

"good morning!" you say to him with a giggle. he responds with a sleepy smile and then begins to get up. after he's completely off of you, you try to stand and your legs give out on you, causing you to stumble and you lean both your arms on the desk for support.

"you alright y/n?" Michael asks from behind you.

"ugh yeah, my legs are asleep. I'll just need a minute to remember how to walk." you respond.

"or I could carry you?"

you snort a laugh. "yeah, sure."

you were joking, but he surprises you by grabbing you by the waist, lifting you as high up as he can like that one scene from The Lion King, then smoothly dropping and catching you, now holding you bridal style. the activity leaves you wide-eyed out of shock and perhaps a bit of fear. Michael chuckles at your response but sets you down anyway.

"c'mon, let me take you home." he says with a sweet smile, looking into your eyes. you meet his gaze and his eyes seem to glow the longer he looks at you. his pupils are very dilated and his face is a dusty red.