Chapter 8: Unfinished

Paragons.

Very little is known about them. The documents the government had gathered so far only stated that based on theory, they are individuals that are possibly capable of destroying a whole city with ease and throwing the world into ruckus.

They're comparable to walking nuclear bomb, a very powerful weapon supposedly used and stored by the government during pre-quirk times.

They are entities who possessed multiple quirks. But this should be an impossible feat since each quirks have their own attributes and consequences and having multiple, and by multiple, I mean more than just two quirks, means that they should've been dead. In short, the notion was thought to be of no use and was put down.

It was a experiment from the pre-quirk era when 60% of the world still had no quirk. They had to put it down because of how outrageous the experiments have become as they started to use illegal means in order to achieve their goal, that is, having multi-quirked people they can control in their arsenal. It was a failure, fortunately.

The human body, normal as it is, cannot handle multiple quirks unless born with it, which has been uncomfirmed so far since none of the births from the first appearance of quirk 'till the latest date ever recorded someone was born with such specialties.

Forget more, even being born with 2 quirks is considered a miracle (considering it has never happened) even to the most luckiest family. And adding to that, each quirk of a paragon are theoretically flashy and destructive in it's own way. It is confirmed that no one ever was born with more than 1 quirk, but there had been very few cases of the appearance of these 'Paragons'. How did they appear? Who knows...

...................

(When Tomura was young)

Somewhere in a dark spacious room filled with mechanical buzz and sound of numerous monitors beeping.

"Tomura, come here for a minute."
"yes, sensei!"

A young boy came rushing to the white- haired man. The man stood proudly infront of a big tube with lot's of wires and smaller hoses connected to it.

Inside, there was a teenager that had raven black hair, with fair skin, and long, big lizard-like tail curled up between his legs and wrapped on his torso, protruding from his back following the spine are also this little spikes that glows blue in the dark, floating in an unknown green liquid. The teen proceeded to make a movement, it raised and hugged it's own legs, knees to his chest.

The teen had a relaxed expression. His short hair swayed freely in the liquid as if it's just air and adorned his face as if to put emphasis on it. The bubbles inside made the scenery fascinating to the young Tomura.

Especially because the teen's appearance was quite refreshing, as if the nature simply designed him herself. His cheek had little black stars that seemed like they were sprinkled there instead of following genetics. Then, his eyes softly opened and his empty gaze fell on the boy. His eyes were like that of a cracked jewel that was stained with blood faded to an even darker shade of red. It's.. majestic. He then closed his eyes once more and fell back to slumber.

"It's all coming together, isn't it Tomura?"

"Yes sensei.."

"All those years lead up to this. The perfect weapon that will help us with our plans.."

"Yes.. Sensei, what if it doesn't succeed? The others exploded right after we..."

" Put some trust and hope, Tomura. It will succeed. It will help us. Look, isn't he beautiful?"