Chapter 1: Missing Case

It was that day.

After that incident, I haven't seen Deku ever since.

I went to auntie's to find him but he wasn't there.

She said he's missing, he didn't come home that day.

Auntie looks terrible these days, she had bags under her eyes and her expression seems miserable and frustrated.

It turns out that mom hid it to me so I wouldn't get stressed, tch, who cares bout that nerd..

..01

I asked the police in charge of finding Deku, they said they couldn't really do much.. Tch..

It wasn't the same ever since.

0~~~~~~~timeskip 2 years~~~~~~~~0

3rd Pov

It was dawn, a single mother didn't get any ounce of sleep. She looked so much of a mess, everything is a mess. There's crumpled tissues everywhere near her, there's missing flyers stacked at the corner of the room, spills on the floor, stains on her clothes. Her expression is tired and droopy, her cheeks are stained with tears, her nose a bit runny and red, her thoughts are all over the place. She held a phone on her hand as she sunk on the couch.

She wasn't like this at all. Ever since her child has gone missing, everything started going downhill.

It was clear on the street CCTV that the boy did almost reach home, he entered the premises but he didn't arrive at the house which was weird. No knocking was heard nor did any sight of the boy was seen.

Oh what to do..

The only one left in her very little family is now gone as well. She wanted to cry more but nothing came out. The stinging sensation in her eyes could not be compared to what she's enduring in her heart.

Katsuki would come over once in a often. If possible, he would spend the night there and when she's still asleep in the morning, he cleans up before going to school. He learned to be quite independent because his parents are often on a business trip.

Of course Inko doesn't forget to thank Katsuki and the Bakugo's to everything they've done to help her. Guess this is why she's been trying to pull herself together and tried finding jobs, but the sleepless nights still has a long way to go.

Katsuki... Wasn't in a good condition either. He experiences occasional nightmares and few sleepless nights. Can it be counted as a trauma? The disappearance of this friend did affect him as much.

'This is all my fault', he thought.

Earlier, they received a call from the police in charge of the case. Unfortunately, they decided to close the case and conclude the kid is dead since the investigations bore no results and they couldn't find any leads either. Not even a single piece of hair was found. This worsened the day and Inko even fainted on the call.

...10

He couldn't take it anymore, there should at least something that can lead them to find Izuku. It's been years. Surely something is found by this long time.

He stood up and went through the room for the third time today and in Izuku's drawers, getting his notebooks and flipping through each pages. He had seen it the billionth times but it was always worth reading.

Katsuki decides to read Izuku's notes everytime he feels a bit hopeless, after all, Izuku puts motivational slips on some few pages, to encourage himself, he guessed.