Chapter 9: Friend or Foe?

In a quiet voice, Eraser replied, "What do you hear?"

"...It's gone quiet now. It was faint whispers- buzz of incoherent words, and snores. There's probably people inside and some may be asleeep. Viser, can you tell us what you see behind this door? "

Viser, the quiet other hero with the two, stepped up. She moved her bangs away from her eyes and took off her visors revealing her gleaming red eyes with bags very similar to the ones Eraser had. The visor was there to help limit and control her quirk uncontrollable quirk.

"Two people. Asleep. Possible type of quirks: Mutation. 11 and 10 o'clock respectively. ", she announced briefly as she put her visors back on and moved her bangs to cover her eyes once again after rubbing it hard a few times.

Using hand signals, Aizawa tasked the two to go first as soon as he open the door. As the door creaked open, two shadowy figures entered the room. The two personnel that were sleeping weren't aware of their arrival but the presence of the three did not go unnoticed. One from an undetected room almost stared a hole to the door infront of him careful not to make much noise but also keeping watch of everything.

Aizawa entered the room together with the two. They searched the room, recorded everything they could find and downloaded various files from the database connection present in the room for further evidence. The result of their investigation were folders of countless operations this organization has ever done for the past decade. There were traces of more data from the years before but were probably deleted or moved, tracing them back would be asking too much for the day. They couldn't dig more even if they wanted to because of the time limit but they have gathered more than enough to launch an official attack.

They were about to leave when something caught Viser's attention. Viser's quirk let's her see anything that are hidden, it's like seeing the state of the cat inside the Schrodinger box. Right now, she could sense something from one of the walls.

"A path...?" She whispered to herself.

The two other heroes stopped on their tracks. "Viser, we need to go now. We have enough evidence. We can't risk being found out nor confronting anyone." Tracker mentioned in a quiet voice.

".....something's not right.. " Viser replied. She went ahead and about to approach the said wall but was stopped by Eraserhead.

"It's okay. The operation will be soon. It won't be late till then to satisfy your curiosity. Just now, we need to go, every second matters. " Eraser adviced in a serious tone.

Viser nods. 'They're right, a second they waste on her is a second more suffering for everybody else.'

And so, the three headed out of the facility.
.
.
.

"....are they gone now, brother..?" the little girl chirped in her brother's embrace.

"Mhm... " the brother tigthened his embrace to his sister, even moving his wings to cover her.

"that's a relief.. I'm glad they didn't come for you this time." the girl sighed, appreciating the warmth emanating from his protective brother.

"..."

~an hour later~

"I have to go back. "

"Now, now, shouldn't you take the time to rest? You've already bought valuable information." The man leaning on the table on the side of the tent, Hawks, spoke.

"What? The team's already in there. They've probably handled everything else. Why'd you want to go back?" Tracker questions Viser's statement.

"I saw something... Or rather.. Someone."

"Don't be rash, Viser, let's wait for the team to finish first heading back in. Remember, this mission is the most important part of the plan." Eraser said.

"But-"

BANG

There was an explosion outside. There they saw someone outside their camping area together with massive silhouettes.

"Oh my, seems like we have some uninvited visitors~."
The dust cleared up revealing 3 large nomus right behind an individual with brown hair, glowing green eyes, and a scar on his face.

"I commend your courage to enter this territory but you should know, you are not welcome. " The man spoke in cold tone as he pressed "send" on the phone he was holding.

"Shit. We need more pros here! Viser!"

"On it already! "

"You two, take Bakugo and yourselves to a safe place, Me and Hawks will hold them back" Eraser mentioned.

"Yeah... About that kid.. " Hawks mentions.

Eraser looks at him with cold sweat dripping from his his face. "Don't tell me he disappeared again. "

"Well... "

"Hawks, you literally have the team with you while we were out yet you somehow manage to lose a single ill-behaved child literally cuffed on you? " Eraser spoke in disbelief.

"Well, he said he wanted to check the site too together with the team so I told him if he somehow convinces the whole team, I'll let him go but he somehow he did and I couldn't back my own words you know. He was like a little bird eager to discover the world so I let him. Surely he'll be fine, he's with the team! " Hawks reasoned.

"Hawks, he's not in any way similar to a bird! And he's a CHILD, we're in the BATTLEFIELD." Eraser is literally losing his mind over his troublemaker pupil.

"Well, why'd you bring him anyways!"

"He SNUCK on our car! You expect me to know!?" Eraser pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"How... Brave of you trespassers to bicker, ignoring the enemy infront of you. " the man who looked more frustrated than eraser, shot something from both his hands aiming at the two in front of him.

Eraser and Hawks were quick to sheild themselves from the abnormally sharp shard of metal that almost peirced their heads.

Eraser looked behind them, thankfully the other two are already gone together. He then glanced at Hawks and both signalled each other. They readied themselves infront of their enemies. Hawks flew and Eraser held his capture weapon.

"Now, I don't have time to deal with you. I have formulas to apply and experiments waiting for me." the guy turned his back from the two. "Nomus, eliminate them. "

The three terrifying-looking nomus started to close their distance to the two. One potruded bat-like wings from its back and started flying.

"Tsk. 3 minutes are all we need till the reinforcement group gets here, right? "

"Yeah. Avoid getting hit, red-winged chicken. "

"Hah, the nerve you have! "

Another tiring fight ensued

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its been a while :)