1

After the subsequent ending of my marriage with my ex Marcus .A few days had passed and I had no where to live I was living in hotels and friend's sofas and it was getting to me until I was offered by Hansen a role in AAU which I took up and was happy for a new role. This is where my life took a turn.

On my first day on AAU I saw this women someone who truly cared about her patients, she was someone unlike those I met before, the look on her face made me feel something, something I cannot explain. we locked eyes it was unlike anything I had felt before it was a warm feeling.

I introduced myself to this women
"The names Berenice Wolfe"
"just call me Bernie"
I responded
"Serena Campbell's the name"
she told me I would be helping her with a car accident operation later in the day, I saw it as an opportunity to get to know her.
She was a stunner, a lovely brunette with an age similar to my own who had lovely dark brown eyes that glistened under the hospital lights

I got to work in AAU which I fondly enjoyed, it got to the time of the operation and I scrubbed up and got ready to start talking to Serena.
"What made you pick to work at Holby " Serena asked me out of the blue.
"umm I needed a change of pace" I quickly responded
"I heard you worked in the first line"
she added
"I worked out in Afghanistan as a trauma surgeon" I responded we talked for the whole of the operation not much I remember but that was all years ago.