10

Serena slowly sat next to her lover. She wanted to cry again but she physically couldn't, she was scared she was worried Bernie would make it through the night.
She draped Bernie's hoodie over her lifeless body. Serena them layed on her arm, squeezing Bernie's hand incase she could feel, to let her know she's loved and someone was with her.

What Serena didn't know was that Bernie could feel her.
Bernie could feel a warmth, a presence, an undying love.

*Return of Bernie's POV*

I felt cold, all I felt was the cold, nothing since the accident.
I was stuck in my own thoughts
I hated it, I kept drifting in and out of my thoughts.
What had happened to me, the thing I remember is being on the motorway...the truck..did it hit me?
What about Cameron?
I started to think about Serena and how we left off, she had an argument and I hate how that was the last way she saw me.

Serena slowly started to raise her hand up and stroke Bernie's blonde hair and twiddle it around her fingers. Serena then spoke
"Bern, everything is going to be okay, I love you. I am going to sit here until you wake up, my promise to you."
Serena started to cry once more. She then placed a delicate kiss on Bernie's forehead. She then slowly returned to holding Bernie's hand and snuggling next to her.

A few hours had pasted and Jac had come to do some observations on Bernie, she opened the door to see Serena snuggled next to Bernie and Jac was finally sure, the live between Bernie and Serena was real. A smile formed on her face as she saw Serena wake up.
"Serena, it's Jac I am here to do checks on Bernie, don't worry."
Serena looked at Jac and moved out of the way to make it easier for Jac.
After a few minutes Jac was done doing her checks.
"Serena, may I stay a bit?"
" Of course don't worry stay as long as you like"
Jac sat on the sofa behind Serena and spoke after a while.
"You and Bernie are really something you know"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"That you love her, don't you?"
"Yeah I do, we both do, we are lovers."
"That's good, the whole hospital is worried about her, and they are about you too, you need to rest too."
"Jac, you know that won't be an easy thing right"

Serena and Jac talked for a while about the blossoming love between Bernie and Serena.
Jac then left leaving the two lovebirds alone for the time they needed together and in peace.
Jac knew she had to limit who was going to come and visit Bernie to protect their privacy.

After Jac left Serena snuggled back into Bernie to comfort her.
I laid there not knowing what was going on around me, but I could feel one thing the warmth of another, possibly Serena. The warmth was comforting it helped me drift off to sleep.

Reaching Out For LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara