7

I leant in, I gently grazed Serena's face, not knowing How'd she'd react I leant in further I moved my hands up Serena's face and I softly rubbed my hands through her hair.
The car was silent for a while, Serena suddenly broke the silence.
" Bern, do you want to get dinner?"
I didn't know how to react she don't seem fazed by me touching her face and hair.
"I would love to get dinner"
That was the only response I could muster.
She lifted her arm up and rested her head on my shoulder, I wrapped my arm around her waist and we stayed like that for a while. Alone in the quiet, tranquil and relaxing place
The place that made me feel at home.

We decided upon getting a take away as we both weren't dressed appropriately  for a fancy restaurant.
After a long talk over the choices of dinner we settled on Chinese food.
We drove past the takeaway place on our way to Serena's house.
I got out and got the food, we had alot of food, enough to feed an army.
Who would think two women would eat so much

We got to Serena's house and she parked the car up, once we entered the porch of her house I chucked myself down on the floor and I cried.
I couldn't hold in my emotions any longer, crying in the car didn't help as much as I thought it would.
I cleaned my face up and got up off the floor before Serena entered the house, she looked at me and grabbed my left arm, "Everything is okay Bern." She proceeded to say.
I was scares to see how'd she would react.

She placed the Chinese food on the living room coffee table, then she left again to go and sit in my car and take a phone call, all I could think was is this call about me and why my car of all the places.
Did she not want me to hear it?
A few minutes later Serena returned by that point I have served up all the dinner and placed it at the dinner table and I was just about to pour a glass of red wine for both of us.
She suddenly broke the silence.
"Bern, it's Cameron"
"What's wrong with Cameron?"
"He's on a ventilator"
"What" was the only thing I could say before I broke down in tears.
"I was just on the phone to Ric"
I fell to the floor and cried I let out a scream. I grabbed my car keys from the coffee table and I ran out of the house.
To find Serena with her arm pulling mine back.
"You are not in a fit state to drive"
She wanted to come with me but I couldn't let me keep seeing my like this.
"Bern, I love you let me help you"
I didn't even respond before I pulled my arm away from her and slammed the front door closed.

I cried in the car again, but that was not going to stop me from getting to my boy, Cameron was my only concern.
I was driving to Holby and out of nowhere this truck, this truck slammed straight into my car.
In my last moments all I could think was, I need to get to my boy, he needs me.
It all went dark.