6

A few hours had passed and Jason was getting ready to leave, as soon as he opened the front door to leave.
"You two would be cute together"
We both turned to face eachother and just went red and Serena slightly smirked.
Jason left and all I could think was well that went badly, but in fact I think now looking back it went well. My crushes nephew thinks we'd be cute.
I was filled with a warm fuzzy feeling, which was hard for me to stomach at the time.
Serena suddenly broke the silence
"Bern are you okay?"
"Bern, is that my name now" I jokingly said.
She glared at me so I gave her my honest answer, "I am a bit shaken up Jason did come round right after the whole bathroom thing and I was just sitting in this chair in his Aunt's kitchen thinking he would get the wrong idea."
"Wrong idea" she replied I didn't know how to respond so I just looked at my feet.
"I think I know what you mean"
"Does someone have the feels for someone?"
I still couldn't respond so I rose from the chair and left the kitchen
"I need a breather" was all I could bring myself to say.

I decided to sit in my car, I got into my silver mazda. I put the car stereo on and chose one of my favourite songs,
Hometown glory by Adele, as it started to play my steering wheel like a piano in an attempt to take my mind of Serena, that didn't last long when the opening line came around I burst into tears and I screamed out as if anyone was going to care. It just made me cry more, I started to hit my head against the steering wheel I then began to chuck all the things in my car around like a little child. This was the most emotions I had shown in many years I didn't know how to deal with it.

I looked up and saw a face peering out of a window, if was Serena, she watched me have a meltdown through her living room blinds.
I felt so embarrassed I got the car keys from the passenger seat and shoved them in the ignition, I turned the car on and just sat there once more contemplating actually driving off or not, I started to move my car back then Serena ran out of her front door and shouted
"BERNIE DON'T LEAVE"
I didn't know how to respond I just pulled the keys out the ignition and hit my head against the steering wheel once more, I cried once more this time heavier than ever. I didn't know what to do or say.
Serena tapped on my car window, I rolled it down.
"Get out, I am taking you Bernie for a drive."
"What, it's my car"
"If you don't move are you going to sit there all day, move over to the passenger seat and give me the keys"

Serena was driving, all I could think was why did she care so much, during the drive I kept my head on the open window with my hair blowing in the wind.

We arrived in what looks like an empty car park in the middle of a forest about 15 minutes away from Serena's house.
"Serena why are we here?"
"Best place to take a break in my opinion" her reply sounded so caring

I was still confused, Serena parked the car and turned to face me she gave me a note, if was a note written by her. The note read

To Ms Berenice Wolfe,
I don't know how to put this but since our eyes first met, I have had feelings for you.
I really like you and I want to spend my life by your side.
This isn't the first time I have fallen in love, I know the symptoms.
I love you Ms Berenice Wolfe
X

I read the note then looked up and began to cry once more I loved her too.

"Serena Wendy Campbell I love you too"

We both sat in my car arms wrapped around eachother.