13

I had woken early the next morning, to a empty room.
The memories of last night flooded my mind, what if it was all a dream.
Was Serena actually by my side last night.
These thoughts continued to flood my mind until there was a sudden noise that broke the silence.
It was the door, it swung open and Serena stepped in with a duffel bag and two coffees.
I quickly rose to sit up in my bed, I reached my arm out to her but i couldn't keep it raised.
She rushed over to me and chucked the duffel bag on the floor and we place the coffees on the bedside cabinet. She came over and softly held my arm and she reached her over hand over my shoulder and she pulled me gently into her warm embrace.

"Bernie I am going to have to a look at your arm, you can't raise it properly can you?"

"It hurts, Serena please help me"

"Of course Bern now let's get that seen to"

Serena sat down and started her examination of me, it wasn't long until she found out that it wasn't anything major I had just had a muscle cramp and the look of relief quickly spread across Serena's face.

"Serena, I thought you had left me"

"Bern, why would I do that?"

"I guess I thought everything that happened last night to be a dream as when I woke up this morning you were gone"

"I went to get some clothes from home and some basic toiletries, I am staying by your side while you get better. Hanssen gave me some time off so I will spend it with you, to get you better."

This brought a tear to my eye as I leant over to give Serena a hug and a kiss I suddenly felt faint, the last thing I remember was Serena calling my name before everything went black.

I could slowly feel my body becoming cold, I couldn't speak or move I was trapped and then I heard a scream. It was Serena calling for help. I could hear the panic in her voice and then things went silent again before a sudden rush of noise overwhelmed me

I could hear several people around me, it scared me I was laying there trapped in a weak and feeble state.
It was a while before I started to feel more aware and the first thing I could feel was a warm hand holding mine.
I could not recognise who it was but by the time I could slowly work out it was Serena,

it all went dark and I began to lose focus and I drifted away.