Kiji Mitsuba - Sparring

Idea: They've been at Nanba for a very long time. Y/n and Kiji grew close. Started dating. Kept their relationship quiet though. He did let them do a few things they weren't allowed to do. Nothing too bad though. That's when Ruka started to work there. Of course, him and Ruka were childhood friends so they where together a lot. Though Ruka never trusted Y/n. He was a bit harsher on them but since they clearly did not seem to mind and Ruka wasn't breaking any rules, so Kiji allowed it. Unless someone went out of line of course.

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: None

-

"This is exciting!"

Y/n looked at their cell door to see their boyfriend walking up, they raised a brow and smiled. "Did I miss something?" Y/n asked as they walked over to the door. "Ruka, my childhood friend is coming to work here at Nanba!" Y/n gave a nod. "I'm so glad for you. Maybe I can finally meet him." They crossed their arms and titles their head a bit. Kiji smiled and nodded, "You will! He'll work in building 5 but he'll visit often!"

The prisoner gave a soft chuckle. "Yeah, you always find a way to talk to the ones you want to." They said, Kiji chuckled. "He'll be tomorrow morning. I can't wait!" Y/n smiled softly at their partner. Kiji opened the door and kissed Y/n's head. "I'm going to clock out for the night. See you tomorrow!" He said and Y/n gave a nod. "No promises~" they smirked playfully causing Kiji to roll his eyes playfully.

The next day, Kiji, Y/n, Trios, and Honey all headed to building 5. The three inmates would head there sometimes to get some exercise. Though, since Ruka was still in training for his first day, Kiji wasn't able to stay long with him. Soon he headed back to his building as the three inmates were in the field. Y/n got away from the two pretty boys and went over to Liang and Upa to train.

The two younger boys were better at training so Y/n would stay with them. After warmups, Liang and Y/n went into sparring.

Y/n blocked a kick attack from Liang with their arm. They stumbled back but they caught themselves. They noticed they were pretty close to someone else. They turn to the person and took a few steps back. "My apologies." Y/n said to the guard. "Just don't do it again." He responded, Y/n got a better look and realized it was Ruka.

"Oh hey, you're Ruka Gojou, right?" Y/n asked, he raised a brow. "Yes. That's me." Y/n smiled, "Kiji has said so much about you." They told him, he crossed his arms. "Yeah? Well that's no surprise. Anyway, back to what you were doing inmate." He waved Y/n off before walking away. Y/n raised a brow then walked back over to their match.

"What took you so long?" Liang asked with his arms crossed. "Sorry but what do you know about the new guard?" They asked Liang and Upa since he was close. "Gojou? Probably just that he only cares about his looks." Upa crossed his arms. "Surprised he got a job here, I wonder why." Liang thought aloud. "Well, he is Kiji's childhood friend. I didn't think he'd be that rude." Y/n glanced off, where Ruka went.

"Sometimes he's more rude than Supervisor Enki." Qi chimed in, "And that's saying something since he just got here." He finished. Y/n placed a hand on their hip as they thought. They didn't think that is truly how he acts. Compared to how Kiji described him, this Ruka fit nothing if what Kiji spoke about.

After training, it was lunch time. Kiji came and got the three inmates he left. Y/n went to their cell rather than the lunch room since Kiji would bring them lunch so they could eat together. Once they got there they heard footsteps coming their way. Y/n gave a smile when they saw Kiji. "Darling~!" He called as he walked in, placing their food down on a table. He walked over to them and wrapped his arms around their waist.

Y/n put their hands on his chest. "Hey there Beautiful." They responded, "How was your time in building 5?" He questioned, Y/n decided to be honest. "It was normal, other than Ruka." Kiji perks at the name. "Yeah? How was he?" He asked, Y/n looked off and shrugged. "Donno, he was rude to me before leaving." Kiji titled his head a bit as he sighed. "Yeah, he can be rude to inmates. I forgot about that." He said.

Kiji put a hand on Y/n's cheek and made them look at him. "Don't worry, he'll get better." Y/n gave a small nod. "Yeah, it's fine, don't worry."

A few weeks passed and Ruka continued to be rude, Y/n never said anything about it though. They didn't see him much anyway. Kiji would talk about him a lot and spend more time with Ruka. Y/n did get a bit jealous but they knew it's been a while since they've gotten to hang out with each other so they never spoke on their jealousy. They didn't want to seem selfish.

Many of the guards were participating in sparing with the inmates today. Y/n wanted in on this, as soon as they were done stretching, they went on the field. Y/n looked for a guard to spar with and they spot Ruka. They go over to him. "Hey, wanna spar?" They asked with a smile. Ruka gave a small scoff before shrugging. "Sure." The two headed to an empty place to spar.

For an inmate, Y/n was doing pretty well against a Nanba guard.  Ruka grew angry he was being out matched by a inmate. He got a punch on Y/n and did not hold back this time. He punched them to the ground. Y/n felt dazed as their sight went blurry for a few moments, once they recovered they stood up. "Match over." Ruka said as he began to walk away. Y/n watched him for a second before walking off to the side.

The pain from the punch was still there, Y/n had gotten hit in the jaw. They rubbed their jaw then sat down and crossed their arms. They had to wait for Trios and Honey to get done exercising. Y/n's eyes landed back on Ruka. They watch him train and spar. His skill was pretty good, wasn't surprising he made it as a guard here. Y/n wondered why he came here if he hated inmates so much.

After a while, Kiji came and picked up his three inmates. He looked at Y/n and saw the bruise on their jaw and gasped. "Y/n! What happened you!?" He cupped Y/n's face. "They did a lot of sparring, probably that." Honey spoke up. "Oh dear! Trios and Honey, let me take you back to your cell then I will take Y/n to the medical ward!" Kiji said as he began walking. The three inmates looked at each other then followed Kiji.

Once the two pretty boys were locked away, Kiji began walking Y/n to the medical ward. "Darling, who gave you that bruise? They won't do it again." He balled his fist, Y/n gave a nervous chuckle as they looked at the ground. "Uh, yeah, it was actually Ruka." They said causing Kiji to look at them in surprise. "What? Really? Why would he do that?" He questioned. Y/n shrugged, "Probably because we were sparring?" They defended. "I didn't think you guys were meant to get truly hurt while sparring." He huffed. "I don't want you sparring anymore." He said, more as a concern than a order.

"But I like doing that!" Y/n whined, "And I don't like seeing you hurt." He looked at them. "I'm not telling you to stop, I just wish you'd be more careful." He said softly. Y/n gave a sigh. "Oh alright." He kissed Y/n's head. "Good, thank you."

-

Words: 1277

This was meant to be a Kiji x Reader x Ruka but I couldn't think of a way to add Ruka in romantically. If y'all want that, tell me and I'll find a way and make a part two!

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this! Byyyyyyyeeeeeeee!

~Roze