Zim x Reader- Pity Party

(Hey guys, I'm so sorry it's been so long, stuff has come up and stressed me out but since todays my bday- I wanted to write something special for y'all:) and it is y/n's bday in this)
Y/N POV
Today was the day of my birthday but no one seemed to care. I sent invites to my classmates and friends but... for most of the day no one showed up. Just means way more cake for me.. yay.... Wait.. someone's at the door, I should go see who it is.

Zim POV
I went to the filthy earth worm y/n's house for a... party?.. I stand and wait at the door after knocking on it. They open the door and smile a hideous smile at me and say "hey Zim! I'm glad you came! Please come inside!" I walk in and see no one else? I'm confused, isn't this where a bunch of filthy earth worm babies come to frolic and play? I look at them with a confused look for them to look down in shame? "Yeah.. you're the only one who actually showed up.. but I'm so glad you came!" They look up and smile at me again hideously but it's almost kind of... cute?..

Y/N POV(again)
We both sit down on the couch and he starts talking to me "what are we celebrating y/n?" "My birthday!" "What is a birthday?-" "it's a day where humans celebrate the day they were born." "Ohhh okay" "normally friends and family members celebrate with another but you're actually the only one that came, thank you." I say as I hug him close.

Zim POV
I immediately feel my face heat up and try to pull away from the hug but I slowly relax into it. Feeling more and more at ease. "Happy birthday y/n." I say as I slowly hug them back. Maybe human affection isn't so bad after all..