Eight.

LOVE IN THE DARK
CHAPTER EIGHT

Word Count: 3536

Warnings: NSFW mentions and descriptions (no sex scenes), canon criminal minds violence.

Author's Note: im so nervous to publish this chapter because its the start of a REALLY exciting and somewhat scary and sad storyline. I really hope you guys enjoy it.

----------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later

It had been 2 weeks since you and Aaron announced your relationship to the team. You've never been happier. You were sitting in the bullpen with the rest of the team when Penelope came running in.

"We have a case!" She yelled.

The group sighed before making their way to the conference room, Penelope getting Aaron and Rossi along the way. You all gathered in the conference room, sitting in the seats as Penelope stood up front.

"This one is...something else, you may have heard about it." Penelope said, "Someone in Quantico is killing women execution style. None of them have much in common except for one thing. They are all wives or girlfriends of prominent politicians, lawyers, or judges."

"He must have something against people with money." Emily stated.

"Or people with power." Aaron said.

"Is there a unique signature besides the execution style shootings?" You asked.

"Yes, and brace yourselves for some traumatizing deja vu." Penelope sighed, "His signature is very similar to George Foyet's."

You looked over at Hotch, who clenched his jaw.

"He's taking items from the women and placing them at the next crime scene." Penelope said, "Articles of clothing, jewelry, wallets, ID, anything and everything."

"How many have died so far?" JJ asked.

"5 women have died." Penelope spoke.

"What took them so long to call us in?" Hotch asked.

"The newly elected sheriff is not a big fan of us." Penelope said, "But since our unsub is murdering politicians wives, they influenced his decision to call us in."

"How long before their deaths are the women going missing?" You asked.

"Only 2 days, it seems." Penelope frowned.

"Were they abducted from different places?" Derek asked.

"Yes, one from a grocery store, another from the gym, laundromat, doctors office, and the last from outside her home." Penelope said.

"Okay, we'll all go meet at the Quantico Police Department, see what they have so far." Aaron said, "Let's go."

The team then filed out of the room, grabbing their things before leaving the FBI building and piling into 2 SUVs. You guys drove over to the police department, walking inside.