In The Woods(Get Lost In Time)

4-year-old Izuku Midoriya has been chased through the woods by his former childhood friend and bullies. He gets lost and the others stopped following. There is a strange place that had all kinds of weird things.

*****************************************************************

Quirkless.

A word that describes a person to be worthless in the eyes of society. It started two hundred years ago with a glowing baby in Keikei City. After that, reports of people with superpowers spread around the globe. Thus begins the era of what are now quirks. The abnormal became normal.

80% of the population possessed superhuman abilities around the world. It began an era where heroes and villains exist. The scenes were straight from a comic book. However, the 20% of the population remaining didn't get so lucky. They were quirkless, with no superhuman abilities.

They were seen as out of the normal. Discrimination was inflicted upon them. Bullying, suicide baiting, assault, etc. This information is what brings us to the scene that is the present. Where a young boy named Izuku Midoriya would meet someone who would change the life that would be expected.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The thumping beat of footsteps ran across the grounds of the woods. Big bulky red shoes moved deeper into the woods. A child is running, a green-haired boy with freckles. The boy's name is Izuku Midoriya and he was running far away from some people. An aggressive boy name Katsuki Bakugou and three others ran after him.

Midoriya panted as he ran through shrubs and between the wood. He could smell caramel even though Bakugou was far away from him.

"GET BACK HERE DEKU!", Bakugou yells. Bakugou was propelling himself further using his explosions but that only motivated the greenete to go faster. His fear then came true, he was slowing down. His legs were tired and throbbing in pain. He could hear them getting closer as he slowed down. Tears start to leak from his eyes.

That was when he tripped on a root of a tree sticking out. Time seemed to stop for a moment as his vision white out. He tumbled down on what seemed to be a rough hill. Every bump and crash shot pain through his pale skin. Eventually, he landed roughly on the ground on his back.

Slowly his vision came back and he didn't hear the others' voices.

'Weird', Midoriya thought as he sat up. He regretted it as he hissed in pain when he felt an agonizing ache. Looking over himself, he could see cuts and bruises from the fall. He carefully stood up and listened for any voices but what sight greeted him made him worry. The place was unfamiliar, it wasn't what the woods looked like when he was running.

There was no sun, he was pretty sure that there was the sun shining through the trees just a moment ago. But the sky was a grayish-white and there was fog covering the floor of the woods. The trees were the same but there was no life surrounding them. In front of him, he could see large stones separated in equal spaces lining through the woods like some sort of barrier. Walking closer, he sees markings engraved on the stone.

The hill was in front of him as well beyond the barrier. Too scared to go back, he ran away from the barrier and deeper into the woods. The deeper he went, the more odd things he saw. On the branches of the trees, hanged animal bones tied with red string. He saw more as he walked. Feeling scared, he turned around and walked away.

But after a while, he wasn't at the barrier. He was still surrounded by trees and more disturbing things came into view as he wandered. Knives with dried blood lay on the ground. Burnt books were scattered around the area. He tried to ignore these things but it kept nagging him.

He just kept walking and soon, there were no more items. Just nothing but quiet nature surrounding him. The quiet was sickening, it made him feel ill.

'How long have I been here?', he thought as he listened to the crunching beneath his feet. It was the only noise keeping him grounded. As he kept walking, time faded. He couldn't keep track of the hours and minutes that went by. It almost felt as time never existed at all, there were no changes in the sky to signify time.

He noticed how the cuts and bruises faded away, they never go infected for some odd reason. He was never tired and never needed to stop and rest. So walking he kept doing and he shall keep doing. Something made him stop though, a smell. A familiar smell, a faint scent of iron in the air.

He thought it might be someone or something hurt so he speed-walked towards the direction of the scent. The closer he is, the more dread filled his stomach. He had a bad feeling that it wasn't what he thought it would be. He stopped and realizes he was right. There was a tree with nooses hanging from empty branches.

The nooses weren't empty. Hanged there were people, blood caked their forms, and burns littered their bodies. The charred skin rot of burnt flesh and metallic odor. Mouths hung open as they gave out silent screams. Chunks of flesh missing from their bodies revealing bones. Chests and stomach ripped open and organs hung out like stuffing. He was frozen, he couldn't move.

He was paralyzed, feet locked themselves to the ground. It was a horrific sight no child should see. He wished that he didn't follow the bloody smell.

'If those were the people that have got here before him, would that happen to him too?', Midoriya thought as tears welled from his eyes. He wanted to scream, but he couldn't as his throat was silent. A rotten rope snapped from the noose, and a body fell. The loud crunch broke the silence and he ran. He ran and ran until he didn't smell the blood.

A static noise filled his ears and it kept getting louder as he ran. His skin crawled as he felt like being watched. Like a hundred eyes were staring and analyzing his every move. The noise became unbearable till it stopped. A high-pitched ringing filled in the noise instead.

In front of him was a large church. And it was calling him to go inside.

*****************************************************************

Rewrite verse? Rewrite verse.