The Sun Shines(The Cold Stays)

Shinsou doesn't know where he was going, he was running. Running away from bullies. The bullies were 5th graders from the elementary he went and he pissed them off because of his quirk. They were holding a muzzle and chasing him, hoping that they catch him and put the thing on. He wasn't religious but he prayed that they won't catch him.

(Oh how the irony that they would catch him every single time. He could almost feel the phantom sting of how the muzzles cut into his skin. Wet tears stream down his eyes as he c r i e s.)

He was going around in different directions, not knowing where he would end up. His legs were giving up and he wanted to cry. He didn't want to be caught yet. He didn't want them to get him. he didn't want the discrimination, the beatings, the name-calling.

He turned a sharp corner while looking behind him. When he swiveled his head towards where he was running, he crashed into someone. He toppled onto the person and they both landed on the ground with a thud. You see, when they crashed, they literally smack their foreheads together. So now Shinsou has throbbing pain in his forehead.

He lifted his head and saw green. Green hair and even greener eyes. The person(boy?) spoke and it sounded muffled. Like someone filled his ears with water. The thing is, he couldn't breathe.

It felt like he was drowning, he hears something beating, and the sound increased with each second. Is it his... heart? He felt ice pricking his fingertips and toes, the cold is spreading throughout his limbs. What was this feeling?

Fear, his mind whispers. He desperately tried to gasp for air but his lungs won't work. It felt as if his windpipe was stuffed with cotton. His eyesight blurred into nothing but fuzzy shapes. He was sure that he was going to die from suffocation until... it... stopped?

He was pulled from the back of his shirt and suddenly he was able to breathe again. He coughed and gagged at the sudden intake of air. The coldness is starting to thaw as he felt his limbs. You must think he would be relieved instead, he had the dreading realization of why he was running in the first place. His hearing was no longer muffled and now he could hear his bullies.

"I caught the little freak guys!", one of them says. Tears pricked Shinou's eyes once more as he let out a strangled cry. The other boys caught up to them and he pleaded. Pleaded to not put the muzzle on, strings of cries of nos repeated over again like a broken record player.

Two of them grabbed his arms and kept him still as he was forced to kneel down. Pressure on the back of his calves was now present. Two hands grabbed his hair and pulled it to make him look up. He saw the muzzle creeping closer and he knows that God has abandoned him once again.

"W-what are you doing?", a timid voice says. The muzzle stopped moving towards Shinsou. The four boys swiveled their heads towards another boy. Shinsou felt his hair being freed and he as well turned his head towards the boy.

He can now see him. A boy with viridian hair and darker viridian eyes was present. His eyes were wide with fear and curiosity and his form trembled slightly. He looked like an average-looking boy around his age. But something about him seemed w r o n g.

That was not a boy and the thought repeated in his mind again and again.

"We are apprehending a villain? What's it to ya!", the boy holding the muzzle shouts.

"What villain, the boy you're holding?", the green-haired boy asks as he tilts his head. "I don't see a villain, the only villain I see is you four", the boy says as he points at each bully.

One of the boys took a menacing step forwards, "Why you-"

"Į̷̼͈͇̱̤̫͍͇͔̪̘̹̒̈́̆̀͊̍̂͆͜͠ ̷̡̨̻͈̜͈͌͗̐̔̽͊̀̕̕͠Щ̷̜̟̭̺͓͈̥̠̌̓̈́̽͂͗̿͂̈́̄́̕Ӫ̷̡̧̖̦̙͇̥͖͖̥́̆̏͑̓̾̀̈̕͜͝Ц̷̢̰͕̪̹͓̠̮͍̪͖̋̿̇̾͆̒̿̿̂̍͝ᄂ̷̢̼̙̠̭̠̬̀̽Ḍ̷͕͌̒̈́͂͗͂͛̈́̏͝͠ͅͅП̴̨̛̖͇̹͔́'̵̛̛̥̫̲̥͇̻̬̖̖̫̬̞͇̈̍̽̔͊̈͠Ƭ̶̜̩̫̙̰̻̍͆́̋̿͛̕͝ ̸̢̙̯̯̤̬͕͍̲̪̜͛͜ͅD̵̢͇̱͚͈̫̦̗̭̙͙̼̍̒̄͗̀̋́̈͘͘͝Ө̸̧̥̹̘̖̤̙̼̞͕͔͙̓ ̸̫̊̂̄͛̄̐̒͑͝͝Ƭ̵̧̳͉̼̼̬͕̣͈͔͉͎̯̉͋̀͘͜Ή̸̨̳͇͖̰̩̠͔̜̮̉̈́̈̈́̆̓̽̉̓͋̚͜͝Λ̵̯͉̐́̓̉̊̑̐̔͐̅̉̚̚Ƭ̵̟̫̣̟̻͕͑̆̔͐͆̃̒̐̒̏͌̚͠ͅ ̶͓̦͉̖͈̯̋̒̂̈́͗͛͂̈͋͌̌I̶̗̙̫͎̥̽̽̀͜F̸͔̞̜̠͉̙̙̲͆̈͛͌̂̍͗̉̾̑̑̌̕̚ ̶̭͍͖̇̈́̾̑͒͆͠I̴̢͙͐̅̑̆̊̚ͅ ̴͔̱̯͍̳̬́͊̽̓̓͝͠ͅЩ̶͓̗̞̯̔̎̑Σ̷̡̬͇̲̗͚̭͔̭͎̞̜̖͂̍͊̊͌͐̐̎͜Я̶̢̛̖̥͓̩̙͙͕̠͈̠̖͇̃̅͗̔͐̌̈͋͜Σ̴̡̮̜̟̰̟̭͇͙͖̝̲͔̯̅̊̎̂̐̽̋͌̂͊͝ͅ ̸̩̤͖͓̞̙͕͈̺͌̈́̈́̏̎͛̊̃̏̔̓͜͝Y̸̛̮̽̄̈́͑̆̔͂͊́̎̓͋͠Ө̸̧̢̨̝̤̭̞͍̘͍̺͊͜ͅЦ̸̡̝͎̱͙̠͎̗̼̰̩͇̼̓̂͂̒̄̑̌͐͠͠."

That didn't come out of the green boy's mouth. The voice, made his ears hear static but to the bullies, it sounded like a siren. The two holding Shinsou dropped him and clutched their ears tightly. The other two did the same. He could see red crimson seep from their fingers.

He looked back to the other boy and saw that nothing has changed. He was just standing there, turned away, and eyes closed. But something was so wrong, his shadow didn't look human. It was a silhouette of an older person and he could see many red eyes sprouted everywhere on the person. He felt Watched, he felt he was Seen.

The four bullies started to then gasp for air. Their hands now clawing their throats like trying to get something off. Bruises and red lines appeared on their necks and the choking came. Until it suddenly, finally, stopped. They dropped and landed with a thud.

They weren't dead, their chest was moving up and down. They were alive, he didn't witness a murder. He huffed in relief and was too distracted to notice the footsteps coming toward him. A hand was placed on his shoulder and he flinched. The hand retreated back and he could see it was the boy that was oh so wrong.

"Are you alright?", he asks. Shinsou was trembling now, waiting for what dread would come to him. But then, he felt safe and comfort wash over him like a wave. Like he could trust whatever was in front of him.

"Sorry, Fenix isn't used to interacting with people just yet and doesn't know when to stop. I'm Izuku Midoriya by the way!", the boy, -no, Midoriya says as he holds his hand towards him. He hesitantly places his hand on Midoriya's and he was pulled onto his feet. He didn't know what happened next.

Everything went blank like he took a small nap and woke up to an entirely different thing. No dream to ponder about. He was standing in front of Midoriya and then he was suddenly in front of a police station. He had no memory of walking there. Midoriya was no longer with him.

He just stood there until there a figure approached him.

"Hey kid, you ok?", a man said. He looked up and he thought he was gonna cry again. In front of him was Eraserhead, the erasure hero. It was his favorite hero standing in front of him.

He was so shocked by the experience that he didn't feel the watching gaze of green and red eyes.

*****************************************************************

Midoriya is kind of not human at this point. A year has passed for him even though he doesn't know it. Fenix doesn't like older kids hurting younger ones so they kind of draw the line there a bit. Just because you know things doesn't mean you understand them.