We Wonder(Should We Return?)

This is basically the aftermath of when Midoriya and Fenix leave the Lonely Realm.

Inko stans, look away for this is not normal Inko behavior. Time to spiral :)

*****************************************************************

Midoriya was walking, he didn't know what time it is. But he's used to it, not knowing the time. He spent a long time in the Lonely Realm but didn't know how long he's been there. Now, he didn't care what time it was. It wouldn't matter.

Midoriya was walking, he wondered if he should return to his mom. Did he love her? Yes, but he now knows that his mom didn't treat him like a mother would treat her child. She seemed possessive, it happened after he was diagnosed quirkless. She would treat him like glass, wouldn't let him go outside for too long, and would guilt-trip him.

Mothers aren't supposed to lock their children in their rooms for hours. Mothers aren't supposed to comment on how weak or fragile you are. Mothers aren't supposed to put down their dreams. Mothers aren't supposed to threaten to severely punish you if you were trying to do normal kid stuff. Mothers aren't supposed to tell their children that they're useless.

He didn't like this version of his mom. He wants his old mom back, but he knows that will never happen. He couldn't change her mind if he wanted to. He doesn't think he wants to return to her. So he won't go to her.

Midoriya was walking, he knows that Kacchan doesn't like him. He lies to himself that they were still friends, but he knows that Kacchan hates him. He hated him ever since he was diagnosed with quirkless. Blamed him that it was his fault that he turned out this way. He now realizes that Kacchan was a bully, not a friend.

Friends don't burn each other, they don't insult each other, and they don't hurt their friends. Bakugou was never his friend, he now knows this.

Midoriya was walking, he was not alone. There was someone with him, a new friend. Their name is Fenix, and they were lonely for a long time. They told him that they used to just watch the world, not interfering unless they want to. They told him that they like to learn new things, just like him.

They never had a friend, Midoriya was their first. Midoriya likes it that Fenix wants to be his friend. Fenix would listen to him when he rambles on all kinds of topics, mostly hero stuff. When Midoriya has questions, Fenix would answer him. They continued on like that for who knows how long.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Midoriya was sitting on a bench in a park. It was nighttime, not a time when kids should be outside. He sat there, swinging his legs back and forth, humming a tune Fenix taught him.

"Fenix", Midoriya asks.

"Yes?", Fenix says as they now sat beside him. No one was up, so no one could see them.

"Do I have to go back?", Midoriya asks. Fenix was silent for a moment before some of their eyes on their neck shifted their gaze towards him.

"Do you want to go back?", they asked instead. Midoriya tilts his head to the sky, the stars were pretty tonight. He then lowers his head to look at his lap.

"No... is that bad?"

"No, I don't think so... Were you ever happy before?"

"I used to, but not anymore."

"May I ask why?"

"I thought you said you know all?"

"I don't want to invade your privacy. I didn't Know your life because that would be rude. You are someone I like, I respect your privacy."

"Oh, that's nice. Mom didn't treat me like she used to. She would lock me up in my room or the house, she would hurt me if I did something wrong, and she would call me things I didn't like. I used to have a friend, I called him Kacchan, cause I don't know how to pronounce his name. He would hurt me and call me things I don't like."

"I see."

"..."

"..."

"...Were they ever good?"

"No, parents don't treat their children like that. Friends don't treat each other such cruel behavior. You didn't deserve that, I Know that."

"Oh...", Midoriya lets out. He silently sits there before shifting his position to hug Fenix. Fenix wasn't used to it but wraps an arm around his frame. It was nice to let someone know what happened, and how bad it hurts.

"I don't have to go back, right?", he quietly asks as he looks up into Fenix's face. Fenix's many eyes shifted to stare at Midoriya.

"You don't have to go back", Fenix replies back.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A child on top of a roof is reasonably concerning. But here was Midoriya, sitting on the edge of a roof. He doesn't know where he is and what building he was on. He just asked Fenix if they could go somewhere secluded to watch the sky and they transferred them to a rooftop on some random building. At least the stars were pretty.

Midoriya has been wondering for a while. If he wasn't going back, how would he live now? Change of clothes, food, showers, bathroom breaks, sleep, drinks, didn't he need them? Why hadn't they been brought up once? He was always clean. Never hungry or thirsty.

He never gets tired. He doesn't even need to take bathroom breaks! So he questions the only person he knows near him, Fenix.

"Fenix, why don't I need basic human needs for the past days or week?", Midoriya asks in a baffled expression. Fenix didn't come out but did respond in his head.

"What do you mean?", Fenix asks as they Watched.

"Um, why haven't I been able to need a change of clothes, showers, food or water, or bathroom breaks?", Midoriya asks.

"That's my doing I suppose", Fenix responds.

"What do you mean?"

"It's a partial side effect of being in the Lonely Realm for so long and I completed it by claiming you."

"Claiming? Me?"

"Yes, I claim you to be my friend and it would pass on some, you can say, powers from me on to you. I still have my powers but I give you a downgraded version of them for you to handle. Me claiming you also slowly makes you not human, something similar to me."

"Oh... So I'm turning to something else?"

"Yes, do you not want it. I can take it back if you want to."

"No no, I... I think I will accept it. But if I want to be human again, would you turn me back?"

"Yes, I'd turn you back if you asked me."

"Thank you."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's been days, or is it years? Midoriya doesn't know what the date was. He saw the seasons past as he kept walking. He would find himself in different sets of clothes and shoes each day, but they look normal. He felt different somehow.

He felt normal as if nothing has changed. But he knows that something about him was different. Maybe because he wasn't human anymore? That's probably it. He finds himself more drawn to the dark, the dark was nice, it reminded him of Fenix.

He likes the color red, it represents love and passion and was the color of Fenix's eyes. He feels different like his skin is shifting. He feels that he needed more eyes. Fenix told him he was Becoming something similar to them. He doesn't mind though, it just means he will be a bit closer to his friend.

So Midoriya just wanders, walking along the streets of... what was it?

"Musutafu.", Fenix supplies.

Yes, that was his home. He was walking along the streets of Musutafu. It was a peaceful walk, so he didn't expect someone to crash into him.

*****************************************************************

School is hell and you can't change my mind.