We'll Meet Again...

Shinsou didn't know how it happened. Well, he did but didn't know why it happened. At first, his life was a living hell. Always picked on by adults and kids in the orphanage he resided in, and abused by those around him, no one helped the kid with a villainous quirk. But then he met someone, a boy named Izuku Midoriya, and everything changed.

His life turned better, he was fostered by his favorite hero, Eraserhead who later learned that his name was Shouta Aizawa, and his husband was Present Mic or Hizashi Yamada. He thought that the green boy was a sign of good luck, since meeting him everything was better. Even though it started from a rocky start with him choking on his breath just by looking at him. He's been trying to get used to his new parents. He knows that they're nice but he got used to abuse in a year and a few months.

He's been with Aizawa-san and Yamada-san for a few months, and every month he hops to a new school until they finally decided to place him under online schooling. The thing is, just because some people accept you don't mean that everyone will. It was not as physically harmless as before being fostered, but it did nag at him. They would isolate him from social contact, ignore him as he was nothing but space, and a few insults here and there. Every school, it happens all because he was forced to say what his quirk is on the very first day by his teachers.

He told his guardians and they decided it was best to put him in online schooling till middle school. He was seven years old now and hasn't seen Midoriya since the incident.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shinsou was at the playground, swinging gently on the swing set as his guardians talked to each other like lovesick fools. Aizawa and Yamada thought it would be good to go outside and see if he was willing to make friends his age. Shinsou didn't make a move to go toward the other kids around him. He was afraid of what consequences may lay out. So he just silently swung back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth continuously on the swings.

His hearing focused on everything around him while his eyes were glued to the wood chips on the ground. He then took notice that footsteps were coming towards the swing set. It didn't bother him, the playground was big and there were two swings per set from the three. It wouldn't be likely for them to come to the swings next to him. He just stared at the ground.

The footsteps didn't stop until they got closer to him and he heard them stop before the creaking noise of the swings next to him. It was fine, he didn't have to worry, he would ignore them. But that plan was thrown out of the window when he heard the voice of the person.

"Nice to see you again, Shinsou", Midoriya said. He snapped his head towards the boy so fast, that he heard a small crack. He could see Midoriya and he felt happy. It was the same boy who got out of the situation those two years ago. He appears a bit older but he still had a baby face though he was only a bit taller.

He was smiling and eyes shining brightly that they looked like glistening emeralds. He was too stunned to speak so Midoriya filled the silence between them instead.

"I heard from Fenix that your life was better than it was. That's good Shinsou! I could just meet you again a few months earlier but Fenix said that I should let you settle in before talking to you again.", Midoriya beamed. Shinsou realizes something and asks.

"I never told you my name", Shinsou lets out. Midoriya tilts his head in confusion and lets out a 'what' in response.

"I never told you my name that day, how did you get it?", Shinsou asks again. Not out of malice, but out of curiosity and a tinge of fear.

"Don't be afraid, I don't like when you're afraid", Midoriya says as if he read his emotions. "And to answer your question, Fenix told me", said the boy with a smile. Again with the name Fenix, who was Fenix and why did Midoriya keep bringing them up.

"Who's Fenix?", the purplenette asks.

"A friend", the greenette simply responds. "They turned me into something similarly close to them. They saved me, they helped save you, you know? They could have killed those meanies but chose not to, probably because they thought it wasn't very nice to kill kids. But it didn't stop them from having a taste of fear from them."

Now that part seemed concerning but Shinsou didn't care. If Midoriya and his friend, Fenix, saved someone like him, they must be good people. Whatever Midoriya shared with him makes him seem nonhuman. Fenix was likely nonhuman too, more nonhuman. That was fine, surprisingly for him.

Probably because he was desperate to make Midoriya his friend. And Fenix too now. Not like he was going to complain about it. The idea didn't seem too bad.

"I know what you're thinking, you want us to be friends, right?", Midoriya asks. Shinsou could see that he was no longer smiling but his eyes didn't narrow. Had he done something wrong? Maybe they didn't want to be his friends.

He should have known this.

"Fenix wants to let you know that you haven't done anything wrong. We just didn't expect it, that's all", Midoriya says reassuringly as his now hand lays upon his shoulder. Relief filled Shinsou up and he asks once again a different question.

"Can we be friends?", Shinsou asks. Midoriya looked at him hesitantly and spoke.

"Are you sure?

Λ̶͔̱̬̇̒͋͌̑͜Я̸̲̮͉̹̔̎͜ͅΣ̶̡̱̤̼̬̇͛͊̍̄̏ ̴̞̱̀͆̚Y̸̛̬̦͓̏̓͑Ө̸̧̳͓̪̳͋̅̊͌̏̍͜Ц̷̛̥̎̃̅ ̵̥̬̦͇̭̻͊̄̈̉͊̀Ƨ̶̡̟̫̈́̕Ц̷͖̼͈̫̀Я̶̱͚̺̾͒̔͝Σ̶͕͇͉̮̀̐̊͝?̵̢̢͆͌͂͑͑", Midoriya's voice, and what he assumes to be Fenix's as the other voice, overlapped each other as they questioned him. He didn't mind, he was a bit afraid but he didn't mind.

"Yea, I want us to be friends", Shinsou says as he stared at the green-haired boy. Midoriya smiled once again and giggled. He stood up from the swings and walked in front of Shinsou. Holding his hand out and beamed.

"Ok, Shinsou, let's be friends!", He said with a sunny smile. Shinsou was considering asking his guardians for sunglasses so he could use them whenever the other smiled. He suddenly felt the feeling of being intently watched, but it felt as if they were... happy? Was that the right emotion?

"Fenix says that they'd like to be your friend too!", Midoriya says as he clasped both of Shinsou's hands in his own.

So the emotion was happiness, and it was from Fenix. That was nice to know that he made his new friend glad. Shinsou stood up and they both agreed to play with each other. They went to the play set and were genuinely happy about their newfound friendship while Fenix just watched them both.

*****************************************************************

Fenix is still getting used to the friendship thing. Just because they know things doesn't mean they always understand them. It's mostly just humanity and emotions they don't understand well on.