Out Of The Woods(The Woods Is Gone)

A bit of a more normal chapter.

Fenix leads Midoriya out of the woods.

*****************************************************************

Both of them got out of the building and went through the graveyard. It was quiet as always, the atmosphere was less scary. Leading the boy as they walk, they could feel the boy's dread growing as they neared the tree line. Forget letting him walk, they scooped up the boy in their arms. Midoriya let out a surprised yelp and swung his arms around their neck.

Some of their eyes closed and they moved on.

"U-um, Fenix?", Midoriya let out.

"Yes?", they answered.

"Why did you pick me up?"

"I'm not risking you tripping over the roots of the trees", Fenix said as they continued walking, now passed the tree line.

"Oh", was all Midoriya let out of his mouth. Their arms supporting his legs didn't have any eyes. Most of the eyes on their body were closed or disappeared. With nothing to talk about, they just walked in silence. There were no strange smells or objects.

Just nothing in general. Like they weren't even there. The only sound now was the Midoriya's breathing. Fenix was silent, they didn't breathe nor make a sound when walking. There should have been the crunching of leaves under walking steps.

But there isn't, as if they don't exist. The silence consumed him. It was now comforting instead of frightening. For the first time in a while, he fell asleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Being human, that's what Fenix forgot to be sometimes. They were never human, if they used to be, they have forgotten or the memory has been repressed. They don't know what they are or how they came to be in the world. They don't know what they are. They know they are eldritch, they don't know what they were classified though.

Humans were thought to be the dominant species on the planet but no. There were being greater than them but now went into hiding. Fenix was too curious about what it felt like to be human so they pretend. They sometimes interact with humans and participated in their holidays and events. But they don't know what to feel about them.

They have met other nonhuman creatures and being before and listened to their opinions on them. There were positives via angels and gods. And negative via demons and evil beings. Most other creatures don't have a solid opinion of them. Fenix is one of them, their opinion on them is mixed.

There were saints, sinners, and greys. Saints were the pure-hearted, the good, the heroes, the saviors, the victims. Sinners were the evil, the bad, the villains, the destroyers, the criminals. Greys were their term of morally grey. They were neither or both.

They guess they are one of the greys. They kill, they save, they watch, they listen, they wait. They kill sinners and left or save saints. But sometimes saints turn into sinners in the future. And sinners could turn into saints.

Those were more common than one staying the same. Humans constantly change, they have emotions, they hurt, they heal, they can create, and they can destroy. Humans were capable of shaping the future of the world. They know that gods existed before them so it was their influence. Mythical creatures were the creations leftover from the gods' power.

Demons were the fallen angels or the leftover creations leftover by gods' negative emotions. Fenix is neither, they used to be referred to as a god but they are still unsure of that title. Humans are capable of identifying the emotions they feel, unlike Fenix. Fenix knows the reason why they cry, laugh, shout, and do other actions. But they aren't just as empathetic as them.