Part 44

~

"Thank you again for coming, it was such a pleasure to meet you,"

"Not at all, the pleasure is ours, thank you for having us. I'm glad my son has found someone to be happy with."

Kazane straightened from her bowed position, raising her gaze to meet Sakura's. She and Sarada had spent the night with Kazane and Ukai in Ukai's new home, getting to know Kazane and catching up with Ukai.

"Feel free to come by our home whenever you feel like it, Sarada and I would be happy to have you," Sakura offered, smiling at the younger woman before down at her daughter.

"Mm-hmm," Sarada nodded in agreement.

"Hmm," Ukai hummed happily, placing his hand on Sarada's head and softly ruffling her hair.

"Thanks, Mom," Ukai smiled at his family, pulling his hand back and standing straight.

"Bye now," Sakura waved as she and Sarada turned to leave.

"Bye big Brother! Bye Kazane!" Sarada called waving.

Kazane and Ukai waved back before Kazane stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Ukai's right arm, resting her head on his shoulder as they watched the Uchihas leave.

"Soo? What do you think of my family?" Kazane's attention was pulled to Ukai as he asked his question.

"They're great! I was so nervous to meet your mother thought, I thought I'd slip and drop the dumplings." Kazane beamed, smiling up at Ukai with a nervous chuckle.

"Hm-hm, don't worry, Mother was on my tail about meeting you all day every day, I knew there was no way she wouldn't love you," Ukai teased, giving his lover a quick kiss. 

Kazane chuckled against the kiss, the vibration tickling both hers and Ukai's lips. 

"Now the only one left is your Dad," 

"Hmmmmm, yeah... that's gonna be interesting." Ukai sighed, pulling back. 

"I'm sure, it will be fine. But hey, I'm gonna head home ok, I'll see you Thursday yeah?" Kazane pulled out of her boyfriend's arms, taking his hands and smiling. 

"Yeah, get home safely ok." 

"I will," Kazane nodded, standing on her tippy toes to give Ukai another quick kiss. 

"Bye," She smiled, turning and heading down the Uchiha's driveway. 

"Bye," Ukai called after her, watching her walk away before heading back inside.
________________________________________________________________________________

Over the next two days, Ukai walked around town, checking out certain stalls and shops, looking for things to add to the house that Kazane liked, things to make it more of a home for her as well, seeing as she's been spending more and more time with him than at her own home. Tomorrow was her father's birthday, and the reason she wasn't with him currently was she had to help her mother prepare.

"Ukai!" 

Said male turned away from the flower stall he was standing before, to raise his gaze and see a short brunette woman walking toward him. 

"Minka, hi," Ukai turned to his old teammate. 

"Hey," Minka smiled, hugging Ukai abruptly. 

Ukai flinched in surprise, breathing a light chuckle before hugging the smaller woman back. 

"I've been looking all over for you," Minka spoke as she pulled away, looking down at the bag in her hands and beginning to rummage through it. 

"I got it," She smiled, nibbling her bottom lip before pulling a small red bag into view, holding it up to the Uchiha with a pleased look on her face.