Part 45

~

~♟🎲~The Chuunin Exams~⚔🥇~

It was late morning, early afternoon, and Ukai and Sarada were walking along toward Exam venue A to meet up with Boruto and Mitsuki. Today was the day... day one of the long-awaited Chunin exams... One of the biggest days in a young Ninja's life, the day where all their training is put to the test, judged to see if they have what it takes to become a Shinobi.

"Sooooo you ready for this?"

"Of course, just you watch big brother!"

"Hmm, I know you'll do great, you little brat," Ukai ruffled Sarada's hair playfully.

"Hey don't call me that! I'm going to be Hokage one day," Sarada swatted Ukai's hand away, fixing her hair with a playful scowl.

"Just get going will ya... Your teammates are waiting," Ukai chuckled, motioning Sarada off.

"You aren't gonna come and watch?" Sarada asked, tilting her head.

"Hmm, I'll be around..." Ukai smirked, placing his hand on his hip.

"So don't die ok, how embarrassing would it be if I had to step in and save your little butt," He added, giving his little sister a closed-eyed smile.

Sarada gasped slightly, her eyes going wide for a second before she smile widely and chuckled. Closing her own eyes and fist-bumping the air with a light flush.

"You'll see, I'm gonna ace this Exam!" She cheered looking up at her brother with sparkling eyes.

She then ran off to go join her friends, leaving Ukai standing there.

"Do your best. I'll be rooting for you..." Ukai mumbled to himself, his bright smile falling into a soft one.

"Ukai! There you are, are you ready?"

Said male turned his attention to a tall brunette woman walking toward him with boxes in her arms.

"Of course Lady Tenten, here, let me help you," Ukai offered, stepping toward the older Ninja and taking two boxes from her hands.

Heading toward the forest where all of this equipment needed to be set up, the two ninja wondered laying traps and snares and explosion tags all around, on the ground where the path ran, in trees with branches strong enough to jump on, anywhere someone might run into one.

"All done up here Ukai!" Tenten called down to the younger ninja.

Looking up, the young Uchiha gave his superior a thumbs up as he covered up the holes and trap pits with leaves and twigs. The only things left were traps they couldn't manually set up. Those were the traps Tenten needed to summon, but they were the backups in case the Genin found the other obstacles too easy.

"Well, that should do it. Are you ready for this? I think it's just about time to start." TenTen asked her helper as she jumped down from her tree.

"Ready when you are,"

"Well alright then, let's find somewhere good where we can watch," TenTen smiled, looking over the tall trees for a good hiding spot.

"How about you survey the last few miles, I'm sure your summoning will be more effective for the Genin actually able to get that far. I will focus on the first half, monitor basic traps," Ukai suggested.

"Sounds like a solid plan, well, let's do this," TenTen smiled, jumping away into the trees as the exam began.

Ukai flickered to the forest front, jumping into the trees and crouching down as he watched dozens of children run this way, first of which were three Genin from the Hidden sand. Ukai immediately singled out the shorter male cloaked in grey and black sand. His face was set in a bored, neutral look while he ran ahead of his teammates.