Part 15

Ukai

The next morning we were up before the sun and already on our way to Orochimaru's lair. No one spoke much on the way, the only ones who interacted were Lord Naruto, Sarada, and her friend.

It was midday when we finally reached the outskirts of the lair. Three leaf shinobi were placed before us, watching over the lair as per usual. Lord Naruto greeted them and they explained that they had been informed as to our situation, but that they were stationed here and could not leave to help us.

"Great can we go now?" I mumble to myself.

"I understand, but don't worry, Sasuke will take the lead from here." Lord Naruto added.

"Follow me," Father began to run off.

We all followed him as he led us threw the doorway and into the corridors.

'Gosh, I forgot how creepy this place was.' I think as I look around.

We suddenly stopped walking and I heard a new voice.

"Long time no see Sasuke."

Jūgo and Suigetsu were standing before us blocking our path.

"For your information, this isn't the kind of place you bring kids on a field trip."

"Suigetsu look, it's Ukai." Jūgo pointed past everyone to me.

"Hey, guys," I grin.

"Ohh, nice to see you again brother." Suigetsu smiled.

Father looked back at me sternly and I stared at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Never mind, you two can take us straight to him then," Father said.

"Hold on Sasuke, I don't think that will be necessary." Lord Naruto added.

"Oh my goodness, we have a most unusual visitor." Maru popped up.

"Orochimaru." Father sneered.

"And what is this, Ukai my boy, how wonderful to see you again." Maru smiled.

"Hello again Maru." I nod.

"Wow, you look a lot younger than you did back in the day." Lord Naruto awed.

"You should know me better than that by now. So why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell me the reason you're here." Maru pushed.

"Apparently, one of your 'so called' underlings, attacked my sister yesterday, he also kidnapped my Mother. Father and Lord Seventh over here think you orchestrated it." I step toward Maru, looking back on the group I arrived with.

"Oh? You think I had something to do with it?" Maru looked at me before directing the question at the two parents.

"If you've been up to something lately you better spit it out right about now." Father hissed.

"Why are you talking to me like that? I haven't done anything suspicious, what's the watcher outside for then?" Maru pointed.

"Just tell us everything you know about the man who calls himself Shin Uchiha." Father stepped forward.
________________________________________________________________________________

"Where are they? They know we don't have all day right." I flick my bangs out of my face as I tap my foot.

"Hm, as impatient as ever I see." Maru gave a closed-eyed smile to me.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow but his smile never wavered. I shook my head, turning my head away and smiling to myself.

"Hey, there you are!" Lord Naruto called as he and Sarada exited the lair.