Part 1

Ukai

"You wished to see me, Father," I announced, opening the door to my father's office.

"Sit." He commanded.

I pull the lone chair in front of his desk out a little way before placing myself down, lowering my head and keeping my gaze on the floor.

"Would you like to explain to me why I got a letter from the academy telling me you are fighting with your classmates?" Father asked, turning to look at me over his shoulder as he raised the folded piece of paper.

"They had it coming..." I mumble, smirking under my hair.

Father slammed his hand on his desk, making me jump back slightly and look up at him.

"What was that?" He stared me down.

I held his gaze. He was leaned forward over his desk as he looked at me, almost down on me. My eyes fell from his and to my lap, my hands squeezing the sides of the chair tightly.

"I-I'm sorry~" I whispered.

"You are an Uchiha, you will hold yourself to a higher standing. Do you understand me!?" He stood straight, placing his hand behind his back as he watched me.

"Yes, Father." I bow my head, gritting my teeth.

"Never again Ukai." He glared at me.

"Understood." I choked, swallowing the sob in my throat and blinking away my tears.

"You may go." He nodded, turning away from me.

I stood harshly, knocking the chair over and exiting the office before running toward the stairs.

"Ukai?" I caught mother's worried gaze as I flew upstairs, slamming my room door.

I grabbed my sword and shoes before pulling my window open and jumping onto the ledge.

*Knock knock*

"Ukai?" Mother called walking into my room.

I turned to look at her. She had a tray in her arms with a bowl atop it. I looked up at her face, watching her eyes as they dimmed slightly when her smile faltered.

"It's late, are you sure you want to go out?" She asked placing the tray down on my desk.

I turned to face outside once more, feeling the wind blow through my hair and against my face. I huffed climbing down from the window sill and throwing my sword into the wall opposite me. I brought my hands up to my head, grabbing fists full of my hair as I fell to my knees.

"Oh, Ukie" Mother walked over and knelt in front of me, bringing me in for a hug.

I hugged her back, burying my face in her neck as I cried.

"I promise your Father takes no pleasure in yelling at you. He's just trying to protect you." She soothed, stroking my head softly.

I choked and hugged her tighter, feeling my tears flow harder.

"Hey." She pulled back and held my shoulder.

I kept my head down, hiding behind my hair before she lightly brushed my fringe aside and cupped my cheek, looking into my eyes.

"He loves you, he does, always remember that." Mother smiled.

I lowered my eyes again before nodding and wiping my cheeks. She smiled before she stood.

"I brought dinner, you don't need to join us downstairs." She gave me a closed-eyed smile before heading to the door.

I watched her walk away before looking back down at my hands as they sat on my lap. They still had faint patches of blood on them where my fists had collided with noses. I pulled the bandages off throwing them away before pulling my shirt off and throwing it into the wash. I pulled my shoes off and changed before downing my food and climbing into bed. I folded my arms under my head and sighed.

'"You are an Uchiha! You will hold yourself to a higher standing!"'

'Grrrrr! You'd think is difficult being a famous person's child or the offspring of the Hokage, that it be easier being a normal child, ha! being the son of Sasuke Uchiha is nowhere near easy, everything you do needs to be perfection, worthy of the Uchiha name'

Sighing once again, I turned onto my side, facing away from my door and closing my eyes before I heard a soft knock.

"Ukai?" Father.

I kept my eyes shut not making any move to acknowledge him. I heard him move across my room and come over to me, sitting himself down on the edge of my bed right next to me. I had to resist the urge to turn around and growl at him to leave me alone, but also the urge to jump when he placed his hand on my head. He then slowly stroked my hair, using his thumb to caress my forehead. I hadn't even realized my body was so tense till I felt it relax and sink into the mattress under me. I heard him sigh before he stood. I frowned slightly, already missing the affection, even if it wasn't much.

"Goodnight my son." He said softly before leaving my room. ________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I was on my way to the acadamy when I was hit in the back of the head.

'Ow!' I put a hand on my head and turned to see the same boy I had beaten senseless yesterday.

He had band-aids all over his cheek and nose and bandages over his head and hands.

"Hey, Uchiha! We have unfinished business!" He hissed tossing another rock in his hand up and catching it multiple times.

"Not now Hashima, I have a lesson to get to." I turn forward and start walking away.

"Hey, I'm not finished with you!" He yelled throwing the second rock at me.

I stepped left, dodging the piece of earth as it shot toward me.

"Heh, so you are weak."

I stopped walking, standing with my hands in my pockets as I waited to see if I had heard him right.

"Oh did that hit a nerve?" He chuckled.

"Are you looking for another beating Sawamura!?" I growl turning to face my peer.

"Ukai!" A voice sounded and a hand was put on my shoulder.

"I think it would be best if you got to your lessons Mr. Sawamura." Hasima stepped back a few times nodding before running off.

"I had him," I growl pushing the hand of my sensei off me.

"You got your fifth strike yesterday, 10 and it's suspension, do you want that?" Mamoto-sensei asked.

"Whatever." I stuff my hands into my pockets, kicking a rock the was Hasima ran.

"Come! Yuto and Minka are already at the training grounds." Sensei added before walking away.

I growled, turning and following him off.