Part 47

~

For the next two days, while Boruto trained under Sasuke, Sarada and Mitsuki spent their time training with Ukai in preparation for the Chunin Exams round 2. Now because the set course of events was not available to the public, the ninja couldn't focus on anything specific, but that didn't mean there wasn't anything they could do. Mitsuki had more knowledge of Jutsu than Sarada so Ukai could help him hone and strengthen his attacks. He didn't have his proper summoning as of yet but his snake-related Jutsu meant Ukai could pass some knowledge down that he had learned from Maru. Sarada's training would focus more on mental strength, training in attack strategies, defense tactics, and illusions for her Sharingan. And now that Ukai did not have to worry about going blind every time he used his MS he could give her all the guidance she needed.

The day of the second exam fell on the young ninja quickly, and so, they were currently standing on a rooftop, waiting for their next instructions. Ukai stood beside Tenten As she prepared to tell them what the second exam would entail.

"Round two is all about capture the fla. Guard your flag while infiltrating enemy territory to get theirs, in short this battle is both offensive and defensive. Now it's three on three, so half the teams will be dropped." Tenten explained.

All of the participating Genin had determined looks on their faces. Quenching their fists and narrowing their eyes as they believed they would pass. Ukaigave a quick smirk to Sarada before Tenten dismissed the teams to their starting positions and exclaimed start. And so the tuning second exam begins. It did not take long before teams began to fall to stronger teams groups with stronger jutsu, and well thought out defense strategies. Ukai watched over the teams as team 8, Shikamaru, ChoCho and Inogin quickly passed.  Turning his attention to the old girl team with Sumiré, as they were disqualified. Some teams were severely outmatched, like Iwabei's team against the team from Sunagakure. Which was over in an instant. There was only one tem left. Team 7, Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki against the triplets from kirigakure. Mitsuki and Sarada were on capture the flag duty while Boruto was the one guarding his teams flag. Tehay spoke over their earpieces as to what they were doing, and what to expect, Sarada taking the lead by saying they could not fail here, especially if she wanted to become Hokage one day.

Boruto brushed her ramblings off, but agreed before doing a sharp turn and throwing kunai at two of the triplets he sensed. Creating his four shadowclones to help him fight, Boruto turned to face his three opponents.

"Sorry triplets, your surprise attack didn't work..." He stated smuggly as he and his lonesome stepped forward ready.

"So, it's five against three, you know who has the edge here right?" He smirked.

However, the triplets smirked back, adding in a few chuckles at Boruto's naivity. They put their fingers together, and suddenly more shadow clones appeared. Boruto gasped. Looking over the now +6 ninja he had to face.

"Who has the edge now?" The eldest triplet questioned, pulling his sword from its sheath on his back.

"Wait, I think I've figured it out now that's it's 9 against 5," He laughed.

Boruto let out a yelp, which both Sarada and Mistuki reacted to. Saradawas the first to speak, question Boruto, however, Mitsuki measured her to keep going whileheran back to help Boruto. Boruto buckled after being kicked by one of the clones, another slashing him with their sword.

"Err, 5 against 9 isn't great..." He muttered, bursting into a cloud of smoke and disappearing.

"If only i had a thousand," Another slash, and another clone was gone.

"I guess 4 really is all he can make," And with another strong slash, Boruto's last clone, was gone.

Now, only the real Boruto was left, and his nine opponents had no intention of making this easy on him.

"Now! Reverse!" The eldest triplet exclaimed, and elbowed Boruto right in the face.

Boruto was sent flying, landing and skiing harshly on the rooftop with a grunt. Pulling himself up, Boruto caught a glimpse of the trio running towards his team's flag, hands outstretched and at the ready.

"No wait~!" Boruto exclaimed, panick written all over his features.

With all the hopes of his team riding on him, Boruto got up and sneered.

"No way... I won't lose here!" He grit his teeth, standing and making a sign with his right hand.

A small blue pellet shot out of a small silver wrist band he was wearing, and into his palm. Boruto crushed it, activating its power before crying out.

"Water style Bullet! Orca!" And suddenly a huge wave of water expanded over the roof and down the sides.

The triples all gasped in surprise, Fighting the raging current as it washed over them torso height.

"No way! A water style this strong with no water nearby!?" The second triplet exclaimed, shocked.

Looking up, the triplets all awed as Boruto can barreling down with rage written in his eyes.

"YOURE DONE!" He yelled out, putting his hands together for another sign and shoving his spark covered hand into the water.

In an instant, lightning enveloped the water and fried all the clones and their makers in one go. Dissipating, only the charred statues of the ninja remained, all the clones vanishing.

"N~ no way... he knows lightning style too?" The eldest brother proclaimed, before falling on his face, defeated.

Boruto landed on his teams flag, smiling down at his handy work.

"Yes... we're okay," He sighed.

Just then, Mitsuki appeared on the roof verge ready to assist Boruto.

"Boruto, are you alright?" He asked, only to find all their enemies defeated.

"Hah! Are you seriously asking me that?" Boruto chcluckled as he turned to face his team mate.

"What? You were in trouble earlier,"  Sarada then spoke over their coms in a confused voice.

Boruto just smiled, replying.

"Everything's just fine here. Sarada... get that flag!" He said confidently.

"Yeah, I'm on it already," Sarada responded, activating her Sharingan to see through all the illusions the triplets had set as distractions before finding the real flag and grabbing it proudly.

"We did it! Yes!" She grinned happily.