Chapter 1

"Talking"
'Thought'
*Time/Location*

*A/N: To those who plan on reading this story right now. This story will be rewritten to a brand new and refined story. So don't expect any new updates until I release a new story, now have a good read.*

400 years ago. Four mysterious people were transported into the world of Re: Zero.

Their existence influenced the world's old legends, myths, and stories.

Many saw them as saints, while others saw them as monsters. Everyone, however, knows them as Heroes. When the world was threatened by the Witch of Envy, they fought alongside the Sword Saint, the Sage, and the Divine Dragon.

They were known as the Four Heroes of the Apocalypse. Because they were among the heroes who fought the Witch of Envy, but they also resemble the Apocalypse.

They are referred to as the Hero of Conquest, Hero of War, Hero of Famine, and Hero of Death.

.....

*In the Center of the Market District*

Lost and Penniless, that's the only words that he can only describe in his position.

As he still has some Yen inside his pocket. Enough for him to go shopping and eat some lunch. Even so, he can only be called penniless.

???: "Looks like the currency around here is completely different after all..."

As he was disheartened that his own money cannot be used in this world.

Subaru, an unremarkable youth having short black hair and average stature. He still has some energy in him with his cheap jersey clothing giving him an air of an athlete. His sharp eyes are the only unique thing about him.

Because of him being the only one sporting black hair or a jersey outfit, many people were staring at him. The people around him have different and varying hair colors from blonde, white, green, and so on. Furthermore their outfits were armor or robes which are different to what Subaru was wearing.

Subaru crosses his arms as the gazes of the people washed over him. Ignoring those staring at him as he pointed his finger at them.

Subaru: "It seems I've been summoned to another world."

Before his eyes was a carriage drawn by a massive lizard-like being.

.....

*Somewhere in the Kingdom of Lugnica*

Someone dressed in a silver hooded cloak that has the effect of making him invisible even to magic as he walks down the street looking for any clues to his suspected target.

Hijiri: 'Wow, she's really good at concealing any traces of her presence in this Kingdom. Where is this assassin hiding? According to the information I gathered, she will be trading an item somewhere in Lugnica.'

This is Hijiri, an alias he used to conceal his true identity. As he walks around the corner and into an alley, revealing his face as he removes his hood. With short silver hair and a mildly frustrated expression, he sighs and pulls out a scroll to read back his collected intel.

Hijiri: "Well, I suppose this will be a difficult mission to complete. Of course it is, I'm looking for the iconic bowel hunter. Heh, not as iconic as I am."

Hijiri takes pride in being one of the four apocalypse heroes. You may wonder why he hides himself from people if he is a hero. It may draw undue attention to Hijiri, who is attempting to apprehend the Bowel Hunter for interrogation.