Chapter 9

"Talking"
'Thought'
*Time/Location*

*Old Man Rom's Shack*

Elsa: "Why are you interrupting my fun, Dark Knight-san."

Dark Knight: "Can't you see I'm saving you, partner..."

The man stared at Elsa with dull eyes.

Hijiri: "If isn't my best student... Why are you saving her."

Dark Knight: "It's all part of the contract, Hijiri-sensei."

Hijiri, whose veins in his head bulged, is clearly frustrated.

Hijiri: "Tell me, Aketoshi, or should I say, Diluc, who made that contract."

Diluc: "I cannot tell as it is also part of the contract."

Hijiri: "Your making this hard, Diluc."

Subaru and the others in the back are staring at Diluc, whom they do not know.

Subaru: "Hey, Hijiri-san. Who is that person and can you beat him?"

Hijiri: "No... If he is here then its very hard. Especially if he has Yoru, a cursed weapon just like the katana I am holding right now. He is also previously my student, Diluc."

Diluc: "I dislike it when people bring up my past."

Diluc then used Yoru to attack Hijiri. Hijiri retaliated with his katana. The collision of the two blades generated a lot of force.

Elsa, now free of the constraints of Hijiri's ability, turned to face his next target, the silver-haired elf. Hijiri noticed this.

Hijiri: "The bowel hunter's gonna attack!"

The silver haired girl heard this and conjured ice barriers that blocked Elsa's attacks. Subaru and the others still watching in the back.

Rom: "We can't just sit around watchin' anymore, Felt."

Felt: "Yeah, I know. If were going to run, we need to get moving now."

Elsa kept hitting the elf girl's barrier, attempting to attack her in various directions until she finally succeeded and kicked her against a wall as objects fell on her. Rom saw this as his time.

Rom: "Here I come!"

Hijiri: "Wait Rom-"

Hijiri was caught off-guard and slashed through the chest by Diluc.

Diluc: "Don't take off your attention against your opponent, isn't that what you taught me sensei?"

Rom fared well against Elsa as he was able to do equal clashes and dodge strikes from her. But of course it wasn't enough.

Rom: "Here we go! Round an' round!"

Elsa dodged it and landed upon Rom's club.

Rom: "Eh? What in the-"

Elsa: "Your so strong, yet I was able to do this!"

Felt: "Not gonna happen!"

Felt threw her knife at Elsa who deflected it then hit Rom on the back of his neck.

 Felt: "Old Man Rom!"

Rom fell down bleeding.

While blocking another strike from Diluc, Hijiri, who had a plan in mind, turned to Subaru and the others.

Hijiri: "Hey, Felt! Go and get help! Use your Divine protection and meet someone with the same red hair as this guy!"

Hijiri deflected another strike from Diluc while shooting arrows with his floating bow.