Chapter 2

"Talking"
'Thoughts'
*Time/Location*

*Market District*

Hijiri opened his eyes. He was utterly confused when he noticed that his surroundings had changed just a few seconds before.

Hijiri: 'What the?! Where am I? Where is she?!'

Hijiri took a quick scan of his surroundings. But there's something familiar here. Isn't this the same street he was on not long ago? He's still dressed in his hooded cloak. And the sun is still shining. Something is very wrong. He slid his arm into his bag pocket on his waist. Then he pulled out what appears to be a magical artifact that accurately tells the time and date.

Hijiri: 'It's still the same day... When I was fighting the bowel hunter, it was night, but it was still the same day.'

Hijiri returned his time artifact to his bag pocket while recollecting his thoughts and theories in his head. Finally, he came to a decision..

Hijiri: "It appears that time has been reversed."

If his guess is correct, does this mean the Witch of Envy has broken free from her seal?

Hijiri: "No way, she's being watched by the Sage's apprentice, and if she's released, one of my artifacts will alert me."

So that's not correct; if it wasn't the witch, who did it?

Hijiri went into deep thought, creating theories and guesses in his mind. After all, he is the smartest of the Four and has more knowledge than the other three.

He gradually forms a new guess or theory about what it could be.

Hijiri: "It's most likely from that black-haired individual. The world went black as soon as I felt his life-force was gone. And now we're back here."

Knowing this, he wants to look into it further. He doesn't need to search everywhere because he already knows where his original target will appear.

Hijiri sighs

Hijiri: "Yet another mystery to solve."

After all, Hijiri is immune to time manipulation effects due to his special abilities after receiving his special authority, but he will be affected only where he was located after the entire world experienced itself going back in time.

Hijiri: "Okay, I'll try to forget Emilia's death in my mind. I'm pretty sure I can still save her from certain death. And if my guess is correct, I can try to persuade that guy to join my organization, as time travel is a valuable asset."

Hijiri was given a refreshed memory of what happened just before the world went back in time by saying this. He shudders as images of Emilia's death flash through his mind.

Hijiri: "Damn."

*Timeskip - The Market District*

Hijiri is looking for the black-haired man; if his memory serves him correctly, he should be in an alley.

Hijiri groans. How many times in his life has he sighed? Probably countless times over the last 400 years or so... He doesn't remember when he came into this world, but he is certain that he is older than most people alive today.

While Hijiri is on the lookout. Someone was running up ahead of him. He looked in the direction of the one running and saw the same black-haired individual..

Hijiri: "He's running back to the Alley where he met the thugs."

The individual enters the Alley, where he encountered the thugs. Hijiri leaps to the roofs and then looks down. Hijiri observes how they interact with one another..