Chapter 14. INCENDIUM.

T/W: Gore, Violence, Arson. Also themes of self harm/suicide.

EDITH DESPERATELY WANTED TO ABANDON THE PLAN WITH ALL HER MIGHT, BUT IT WAS TOO LATE NOW, THEY WERE SENTENCED. She hated that she agreed, but she stayed none the less. Edith had to. Meekah was like a wildfire, searing and burning as hot as coals. If she abandoned the plan, left in the night, never to be seen again. They would go through with it. Edith knew they would. And Annie was no help, the girl before her when they first met a few days ago was like a flowing stream, she would draw the line. This version of Annie now was in drought. Milo, her Tribute partner evaporated the hope out of Annie when he died. Cade fucking Coran and his trident replaced that hope with a rage as deep as the earth.

In the end Edith stayed. But she was terrified no matter what. For Edith was bait.

°•○•●°☆

"You would think these chemicals would have evaporated by now," Annie murmured. Edith shrugged. They were sifting through the old household items they stole and separating them into a pile of what Meekah needed for the bomb and fire starter solution.

"I think the Gamemakers replaced and refilled some items, to make the place feel a little younger. And to make us get creative I guess. Like the lights are all centuries old, they must have made them working on purpose. Otherwise they might as well have put us in a cave system. It's the same with the zoo merch and the radios, they would be rusty and corroded. If they are using an old town, they are going to make the new objects at least usable. It would be a waste."

Meekah slammed her hands down on the table, immediately interrupting the two.

"Alright ladies, here is the plan. Edith, you are bait. The Careers are most likely going to chase you out of everyone, if we use you, then we have little to no chance of risking a Career staying behind on lookout."

"Wow, thanks Meekah that's so kind and considerate of you," Edith drawled with a weak smile. Meekah rolled her eyes at the sarcasm.

"Dont interrupt me, we will use your walkie talkies. You will take this trail here, and place the radio deep in the subway train line. Then once you have escaped to this secret passage here, you will scream into the other radio and the Careers will hear it from the tunnels. They will come running."

Edith snorted, poking up the tiles of the ticket booth floor with an old stick. Once they had surveyed the Careers and stolen enough materials from the surrounding houses, they retreated back to Edith's hideout from the night before. The acid fog had disappeared, and they knew where to run if it came back.

What about us?" Annie questioned.

"We, will be waiting for the Careers to leave in the house we all met in. Its close enough for us to wait there. Annie you will have the other radio so keep it on mute and on channel 636. It will show a little line when someone's speaking into it, like this," Meekah grabbed two radios and demonstrated it to Annie. The sallow pale girl nodded.

"Then once they leave, Annie you will take as much of the supplies as you can while I set up the chemical solution. With all the stuff we grabbed from the houses and I should be fine to create enough. It will immediately catch alight onto the wood scraps on the ground anyway. Then we leave. They will come back and I will shoot my crossbow with the bomb attached."

"Then boom?" Edith sighed.

"Then boom." Meekah grinned.

"You are a bit of an arsonist dont you think?" The brunette grinned back. Annie laughed.