Chapter 21. THE TOUR.

THE ASH WAS FALLING LIKE SNOW - TERRIBLE, DREADFUL SNOW THAT SEEMED TO PILE SO THICK IT FELT AS IF IT WAS REPLACING FLESH AND BONE. Edith couldn't breathe, her head was covered, but still even between the avalanche she could still make out the brief outline of -

    "Suprise sweetie! We got here early!"

     Edith woke with a startled squeak, slamming her head into the headboard. Immediately the blurry toffee and gold figure crooned and held Edith like she was a child. In a dizzy haze, the brunette pushed the woman away.

     The tired girl croaked in a daze, "Marigold? It's not even light out yet, how did you get my key-"

   "Sorry sweetie, I thought you knew we were coming at 4am, and you left the key under the doormat."

     The girl sighed rubbing the small bump at the back of her head, "Right, I forgot. Where's everyone else?"

    Marigold primly smiled, guiding her upwards and into the bathroom. Edith's skin crawled at the touch. No warning was intended.

   "Here they are! Candy and Hera are downstairs, making final touches to the interview location and your outfit. We have two hours to make you look even more pretty than your... um, usual self."

   Selenor and Citrine sheepishly waved from the side of the bathtub, somehow they had managed to fill the tub without waking me up. How long have they been here? What else did they hear?

   Edith smiled softly, "Sorry if I am a bit rude this morning, I didn't get the best sleep-"

    "Oh tell me about it dear! It's so obvious..." Selenor gasped, bringing out lotions from his bag.

    "Obvious?" Edith cringed. What was I screaming in my sleep?

    "Oh yes sweetheart, your eyebags are worse then they were in your last day in the arena!" Citrine shivered, pouring lavendar bubblebath into the tub.

    "Oh, sorry if that will be hard to cover up-"

    "Oh dont worry dear! The main thing is you haven't destroyed your nails or hair, although the sides of your fingers look a little dishevelled..." Marigold piped in, grasping her hand. Edith flinched at the contact, leaving Selenor to brush his co-worker's hand away.

     "Now just enjoy your bath, use these bottles in this order and then we will do the rest, let's give you some privacy shall we?" He kindly spoke, pushing the twins out with him.

    Edith smiled as they left, and immediately, she sunk into the tub. The frothy foam was a wonder, soothing and moisturising - it felt like buttercream against her skin. She was glad that they had left her alone and that Selenor stopped Marigold from touching her, but it was weird. Edith scowered her brain for a reason why they were being so considerate, or at least Selenor.

    It was clear though once she walked downstairs that it was Candy's doing. A teal, leather chair alike to the one she lied in at the Capitol laid in the centre of the loundroom. Edith sat and her prep team immediately went to work; all carefully asking for permission before touching her leg to wax or her hand to attach the acrylic nails. Candy carefully watched through her glasses, half her focus on the schedule, the other on the careful hands of her Prep Team. Edith would have to thank her later, for knowing that Edith hated them touching her scars. But even a greeting would have to wait, when Edith saw her when she came down she was instantly shushed - clearly Candy was busy prepping for the Tour, the mountain of paperwork she sat in agreed.

      After they attached sable black nails to her fingertips and curled her hair into waves; Hera came in from outside to do her makeup. Hera was as sweet and scattered as ever, calmly painting her face like she was a porcelain doll. Edith missed her, and she made sure she knew from a massive hug that made Hera fuss over her how the makeup could've smudged.