Chapter 10- Realisation

"Are you alright?" Gojo rushed into room like a storm, appearing by your bed in the infarmary in mere seconds.

You nodded, but every muscle in your body ached as Gojo had a worried look on his face.

"Don't tell me that 'the' Gojo Satoru is worried for someone?" you said ironically, but Gojo's face was rock solid. No expression of his changed. "Wow. I guess even you can..." you silently said, but were interrupted by Gojo squeezing your shoulders.

"I am not letting you leave me, do you understand?" his eyes weren't covered with his glasses now, and his grip was tightening on your shoulders? A desperate voice asked you again: "Do you understand? I'll protect you forever."

You realized that he was projecting what happened to Geto into this situation and you couldn't help but feel guilty. You were indeed planning on leaving him, but what would the cost be?

"Is Haibara alright?" you asked with a shaking voice, trying to ease the squeezing feeling in your chest.

Satoru let go of your body immidiately and looked down, avoiding your gaze. "He died, don't you remember?"

"What?" your eyes widened in shock as you were trying to get up from the bed. "He can't be dead, I-" then, as in an instant, it came to you, like a vision sent from god.

You killed him, used every drop of his blood, to save yourself. It was terrible. Like a cold shower poured on your body, you started to tremble horribly. You looked at Gojo, he was as speechless as you were.

'Why is he looking at me like that? Why is he judging me? Who are you to judge me Gojo Satoru?'

Gojo couldn't move, his body not responding to his yelling orders in his head. Did she do it? Your reaction was acceptable, since you were in a state that made it obvious you would react this way, but then why was guilt written all over your face?

When Gojo arrived at the place of the mission, you were all covered in blood, just like everything around you. Like a bloody bath. He first thought that this much blood was only possible to be seen in movies, even though he was a sorcerer himself. After a second thought and looking around the scene he started having his doubts. You didn't loose this much blood and Haibara's body wasn't to be found.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He heard the dripping sounds all the way there. He was terrified that it could be your blood. As he turned around, he saw a shrieveled body, glued to the ceiling.

His stomach turned. He was holding himself back from vomiting right there and then, and recovered the body. His instinct was right, it was Haibara's body. A gloomy feeling overcame him and he left the rest of the work to the recovery team. He left the building, rushing towards the school grounds, into your infirmary room.

As he blasted into the room, he saw your fragile state, rushing to your bed. "Are you alright?"

He couldn't believe what he was thinking in that moment. You killing somehow your partner, underclassmen and most importantly, your friend. He tried to unconnect the dots from each other tried to move towards you and tell you he understands, but he couldn't. He froze and had a horrible expression written all over his face. He could see himself in third person as he was unresponsive.

"I-I'm sorry. I had to do this to survive." you said quietly, as you fidgeted with your fingers. "I know these words don't mean much, but it is going to be in my conscience, forever. Even if that forever isn't for so long anymore, I guess." your lips curved into a realizing smile.

You had to die for what you have done, killing a sorcerer, even if it was for staying alive, wasn't allowed.

After a long silence in the room, Gojo sat down on your bed. He looked deep into your eyes and sighed. What he did next shoked you, as his reaction before was really contradictory: he leaned in and kissed your lips tenderly.

After he broke the short kiss he whispered into your ears so quietly so that no one else can hear it.

"This once. This one time I'll protect you, because I'm in love with you." he looked into your eyes and smiled. You were terrified.

'Huh?'

He hugged you tight, got up and left.

He couldn't do this to you, you had to leave and go to Suguru, even though some parts of you were screaming with happiness.

You broke. You broke in two: Suguru and Satoru.