Chapter 27- For I am yours and you are mine

There you were, naked. There was a mirror in front of you, where your crippling self looked back, shivering. The cold was everywhere. It entered your body, your muscles, your bones. All you were was coldness. Yet, in your soul, there was a burning passion to live. You had to fight it, the cold. It was all around, it was taking you, making your vision blurry, your body shivering, but you had to do it. You had to decide once for yourself. 

The clothes you wore on the day you went to your mother's house were arranged on a different table in the room, you had no choice but to get dressed in those. Your motions were slow, you still weren't used to moving faster, but this wasn't the time to falter. As fast as you could, you dressed up in the bloody clothes, putting on your shoes, rushing towards the exit sign. As you passed, near the door, there was a room. Someone's office. You slightly opened the door, without a noise entering. You looked around the room, there wasn't anything that you could use to your advantage. On the table there was a pack of cigarettes. You smiled as you picked them up, taking one out and lighting it. You rushed out as fast as you could, there was a backdoor that you decided to go trough.

As you opened the door, there it was. Freedom. The night sky, all the shining buildings, the sounds of the night. You sat there for a moment, in silence observing the world around you. A pair of shining eyes looked right at you. You recognized them in the moment you looked into them. Was this possible? 

You started rushing towards them, tossing the cigarette on the ground. It couldn't be possible, right? Was this some divine intervention? Always? But you were right, as the man rushed towards you. He stopped right in front of you, his eyes ever shining, you could tell he was crying. The silent tears fell down on his cheeks, he didn't say a word. He only looked at you. He wanted to touch you, but he took back his hand from your face. You looked at him in awe, was this real life? How could he be there always? 

He didn't say a word. You didn't dare to. The silence spoke it all. The two of you stood there, in the night, wind blowing, the cold entering the space between you. The air was so cold, you could see his breath. He smiled at you. You tried to, but your body couldn't move. All the cold, vanished in that moment. You were taken in by his warmth. 

"If I could live for a second time, I would still choose you. I love you." he hugged your body, tightly, but still delicately. "I came here today to see you one last time, before I killed myself. I couldn't take a life where I was in a cage, but you,- you always come back. I didn't dare to think I would see the light shine in your eyes again, ever. I love you." he took your chin into his warm hand, slightly lifting your head up. He hesitated for a moment, then kissed you.

It was the best kiss of your life. It brought you back to reality, to the reality that was always in front of you, but you were too blind to see: he was always by your side. You kissed him back, as tears rushed down your cheek. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I did those horrible things to you. I didn't care about anyone, only about myself, there was only me. But I see now, the inevitable thing in front of me: true love. Love that never falters, love that never fears, that never leaves, that never ends, even after death. I do have a second life, and I never wanted to choose anyone else as much as I want you right now. My soul ached for its other half. I was lost, but now I'm found. My happiness is right in front of me, and it's you, it has been always you." 

"For I am yours, and you are mine." 

Hello everybody, I'm back! Who do you think the man was? I would love to know your opinions! Also hope you liked the update! Love y'all.