A dusty old Qrow.

3rd person pov:

4 months passed since Zorua revealed his origins and all was well. Tai is watching Yang and Ruby as they play with Zorua outside. They play for an hour when Zorua senses something and stops to looks at some bushes and growls. The girls stop and look at Zorua.

Ruby: "Zorua are you okay?"

Yang: "Is there grimm over there?!"

Zorua: "I don't know what it is, but I know something is over there."

Tai stands up and is ready to fight in case of grimm. They all look over there when a man walks over the bush into sight and has a large sword on his back.

???: "I have no idea how I always manage to lose the dirt road when I come to visit."

Zorua starts growling when suddenly Ruby and Yang run past Zorua and hug the newcomer.

Girls: "UNCLE QROW!!!"

They tackle him into a hug, but despite the speed and power behind it he stays standing.

Ruby: "Did ya miss us? Did ya? Did ya?"

Yang: "Admit it old man you missed us."

Qrow: "Mmmmmmmmm. Nope."

He smiles and ruffles their hair.

Tai: "Qrow good to see your still in good health."

Qrow: "Hey Tai. How have ya been?"

Tai: "I'm fine. Summer's inside if you need her."

Qrow then notices Zorua and goes for his weapon until Tai speaks.

Tai: "No need for that Qrow. Same goes for you Zorua. There's no need for a fight."

Qrow: "Zorua? The hell is a Zorua?"

Ruby: "He's our new pet."

Zorua: "I prefer the term bodyguard."

Qrow looks around confused before looking at Zorua.

Qrow: "I must be drunk, because I swore I just heard a voice."

Zorua: "Nope. What you heard is me."

Qrow looks around some more.

Tai: "That would be Zorua's telepathy. You know talk with your mind."

Qrow just looks at Zorua in shock.

Qrow: "How is a pipsqueak like that able to do that?"

Yang: "We don't know, but he's actually really strong."

Ruby: "Yeah he killed a beowolf to protect us."

Qrow: "I'd have to see it to believe. Plus how is something so small capable of something like that?"

Zorua snickers.

Zorua: "How is someone so senile that they can't even follow a dirt road?"

Qrow stares at Zorua before laughing.

Qrow: "Alright that was funny, maybe your not so bad after all."

Qrow approaches and Zorua starts to growl once he gets to close.

Ruby: "Sorry Uncle Qrow. Zorua takes a while to get used to new people."

Just then Summer exits the house and notices Qrow.

Summer: "Oh Qrow perfect timing."

Qrow: "Hey Summer. What do you mean 'perfect timing'?"

Summer: "Well Tai and I got a mission request and we need someone to watch over Zorua and the girls. Could you do it?"

Qrow: "Depends on how long your gone. I can only really stay for about a week."

Summer: "It'll only take three days."

Qrow looks at Ruby and Yang as they give him puppy dog eyes.

Qrow: "Alright, plus I could use a little break."

Summer: "Perfect!"

Summer and Tai head out and Qrow feeds everyone and they fall asleep. The day Summer and Tai are to return Qrow is on the porch watching over The girls and Zorua as they all play. A few minutes pass when Zorua stops and growls at some bushes.

Ruby: "Zorua? Is it more Grimm?"

Zorua: "Back up there's three of 'em."

Yang: "Uncle Qrow we need your help."

Qrow heard Zorua and is standing in front of the girls and Zorua.

Qrow: "Stand back girls. Let your Uncle Qrow take care of 'em."

Zorua: "I can fight too. Just keep your distance."

Soon three Ursa charge out of the bushes. Two go for Zorua and one for Qrow. Qrow backsteps to avoid a slash before slashing it with his blade and jumps over a swipe from its paw. Meanwhile Zorua jumps over an Ursa's bite and launches a purple ball of ghostly energy and lands on the other Ursa. The first swings for Zorua, but jumps to avoid and causes friendly fire.

Qrow looks over after killing his Ursa and sees one of Zoruas Ursa dead from the friendly fire. Then Qrow, Ruby, and Yang look at Zorua as Zorua seems to be getting ready to spit. The Ursa rushes Zorua as Zorua then spits a purple blob at the Ursa resulting in a large blast and hole in the Ursa's chest as it falls down dead. Qrow looks over shocked. Zorua looks over at Qrow, Ruby, and Yang sits and smiles.

Ruby: "Awesome Zorua. What was that?"

Yang: "You never let us down Zorua."

Qrow approaches them and crouches down to look at Zorua. He then smiles and pats Zorua's head.

Qrow: "Not bad for a pipsqueak. I feel safe knowing that you can protect my nieces."

Soon Tai and Summer return and all is well as night descends upon the land.