Unlikely heroes.

3rd person pov:

Many years have passed. We see Zorua sniffing around in a shop eventually stopping in front of a red crystal. He grabs it with his mouth and runs to a now 16 year old Ruby looking at a weapon magazine with headphones on.

Zorua: "Ruby is this what you needed?"

Ruby looks down and sees Zorua. She crouches down to examine the dust crystal. She smiles and pats Zorua's head.

Ruby: "This is exactly what I needed. Thanks Zorua."

Zorua then jumps up and into Ruby's hood and curls up.

Zorua: "Well I'm gonna take a nap. Let me know if you need anything."

Ruby: "Alright Zorua. Goodnight."

Zorua: "Night."

Several men are seen entering the same shop. One of them aims a gun at the clerk. A man with a white coat and a black bowler hat with a red stripe on it.

Bowler hat: "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an open dust shop this late?"

Clerk: "Please just take my lien and leave."

Bowler hat: "Calm down, we don't want your money."

He turns to one of the goons.

Bowler hat: "Grab the Dust."

The goons start to snag the dust when one of them sees Ruby in an aisle. He approaches her.

Goon: "Alright kid put your hands in the air. Put you hands where I can see them. Hey I said hands in the air. Do you got a death wish or something!?"

He stands right behind he and proceeds to turn her towards him. Ruby looks at him as he proceeds to point at his head telling her to take her headphones off. And Ruby lowers her headphones.

Ruby: "Yes?"

Goon: "I said put your hands in the air, Now!"

Ruby: "Are you robbing me?"

Goon: "Yes!"

Ruby: "Ohh.

Ruby quickly attacks him and sends him flying into a wall past another goon and the Bowler hat guy. The bowler hat guy gestures towards where the previous goon was sent flying from only the be sent through the window followed by a blur of mostly red rose petals and a few white ones.

Ruby is seen standing in the middle of the road and turns around to the broken window and grabs Crescent Rose and prepares for battle. However due to all the noise Zorua groggily wakes up and rubs his eyes with his front paws.

Zorua: "Hey Ruby. What's with all the noise?"

Ruby: "Some guys are trying to rob this place. Wanna help me out?"

Zorua is suddenly wide awake and jumps from her hood and lands by her side.

Zorua: "You know I'm always ready for a fight."

Bowler hat looks out the window.

Bowler hat: "Well? Get her."

The men rush outside as Ruby parries the first guys attack and counters him sending him into some of his comrades. Zorua jumped over one of the guys who tried attacking him and attacked him with a sphere of ominous energy knocking him out immediately. Once Zorua lands he sinks into the ground and leaps out into the air and barrages the remaining goons with stars. Zorua and Ruby then turn towards the bowler hat guy as he steps out.

Bowler hat: "You were worth every cent. Truly you were."

He then looks at Ruby and Zorua.

Bowler hat: "Well little red, as much fun as it was meeting you and your special fox friend this is where we part ways."