Worthy and Missions - Chapter 12

"sure, they could use a stretch," peter says cracking his bones and rolling his wrists while some of his many powers surround him.

"all weapons, all powers" thor says.

"uh- i wouldn't do that brother," i say honestly a bit scared for my brother's life.

"don't worry, i wouldn't kill your brother dad... just some fun" i sigh and rolls my eyes "whatever, don't say i didn't warn you thor..."

"3... 2... 1... fight!"

It is a big fight and Peter displays some of his powers and he is clearly winning but then he decides to give thor a chance and to just use my kind of magic but he is still easily winning when thor call for Mjöllnir then throws it at Peter so he will be held against the floor but peter catches it shocking everyone. He then throws it back at thor and pins him down so he can't move at all then thor taps out and Peter smirks and helps him up then walks back to me and whispers in my ear "he isn't very good, a bit full of himself and his hammer" i bite my lip very clearly trying not to laugh.

"you're worthy..." almost everyone says in shock, in which Peter responds by shrugging and says "i guess"

Avengers POV

Thor and Loki are in Asgard so we have no way to contact them and we have a big mission to take down this base. "alright, we are on our own for this, grab your gear"

We get to the base and we can't even make it to the front door when two young teens, who look similar, they must be 13-16 rush out on guard fighting many hydra agents who rush out after them. The boy is fast and the girl is weird.

"hold it for a bit longer sister, create the field" The boy looks at his sister to see if she can and the sister struggles but then a mist of red comes out of her fingers and the boy runs around and pushes agents into the mist and they fall unconscious. it goes on for less than a minute and almost everyone is gone. 

"Pietro... i-i can't" The girl stutters. "Wanda, don't hurt yourself, stop, I'll deal with the rest" "n-no, I'm about to lose control" the boy looks at her in fear and we all now know that's not a good thing. "hang on, one second, let's get you inside and destroy the base yh?" wanda now can't talk but nods and Pietro zooms her inside then comes out without her and blocks his ears then they base crumbles and we see red light shining through it then it disintegrates and we see the girl, Wanda on her knees shaking and we are in shock.

Pietro zooms to her side and holds her and whispers things in her eyes to calm her down and she leans into her brother's touch.

"it's alright... we're free... i promise i won't let them get us again..." The girl nods then stops and freezes.

"what's wrong wanda?" 

"someone's here"

They both look at us then the boy flashes away 'shit' 'fuck' and 'crap' can be heard throughout the coms followed by a 'language'.

All of a sudden they are standing in front of the twins, Pietro ready to round them up again and Wanda ready to knock them unconscious if they make a wrong move.

"look, we don't know each other. We are the Avengers, we aren't HYDRA, we came to get rid of this base so we should be thanking you, we won't hurt you... and if you trust us... we can look after you until you get back on your feet or even join the team" Steve says putting his shield down in surrender.

"can we um... can we have a minute," Pietro says and everyone nods their heads and leaves hearing distance.

"what do you think we should do? because if you want to, i will follow or if not i can run as away and we can make a new life."

"destroying this base didn't do much good. they will always make a new one. with these people i think we can get better at our powers, we won't have to steal to survive and we can be together... i want to go with them. and if they are like Hydra, or even just make us upset we can leave and do exactly what we did to hydra." Wanda says and Pietro smiles, nods and hugs his sister.

"um, should i go get them? you know, so we can leave this dreadful place?" Wanda nods and Pietro zooms everyone in front of them.

"So is that a yes?" Nat asks and Wanda nods which causes Nat to smile. "good, we need another girl on the team, or if you don't want to join it would still be good to just have another girl in the tower."

"We want to join the team," Pietro says and everyone nods but Wanda adds, "i might have to join later because i don't exactly know how to use my powers... or if i even know all of them"

"we'll ask around if anyone has your kind of powers or if they know how to train you," Tony says and Wanda nods. They all go to the jet and make their way to the tower.

Clint shows the two around the penthouse and then explains to them that the levels below the penthouse are labs, and offices, which are Stark industries and the Avenger's museum.

"these will be your rooms," clint says.

"thank you clint" Clint blushes which causes Pietro to blush which cause Wanda to smirk.

"aww, look at you 2, how old are you clint?"

"18, I just finished online school last year," Clint says (i changed his age, laura and his kids are his sister and niece and nephews).

"we're both 16 from last month, i approve of your relationship"

"Waaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaa" Pietro whines and Wanda smirks again.

"what?" Wanda asks innocently.

Nat walks up to them, "what's going on here?"

"Nothing!" Clint and Pietro shout.

"yh, sure... have a shower and get changed, I'll leave clothes on your beds then we are going to have dinner and a movie night. The gods are meant to come back tomorrow and they are the only people other than the x-men's school or whatever that might know someone with your powers. Tony already called the school. it's a no go, but..." Nat says.

"Thor and Loki have been around for a couple of thousand years, they are the most likely people to know someone or know of someone with your powers," Clint says and the twins nod and go for a shower, nat puts some of her smaller clothes on Wanda's bed and Clint puts some of his bigger clothes on Pietro's bed then they have showers of their own.

After the showers, they get dressed then go to the common room where everyone else is.

Everyone has dinner and gets to know each other and everyone has a soft spot for the 16-year-olds teen and are already wanting Clint and Pietro to get together after they found out Pietro is bi and Wanda is straight though she supports which they are glad because most of them are apart of the LGBTQ+ community. 

Everyone goes to bed after asking for them to show their powers tomorrow that they are confident in using so it will be easier to find people who have their powers, especially Wanda and they both agree.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1230

Written: 28th of February 2022

Published: 29th of March 2022