Division of Feelings (Dazai x Kunikida)

(Ucaobofshocpahchosc The above amv is so GOOD!)

(Little context: The places and people mentioned in this are all real. This will involve details about death and suicide, so if that makes anyone uncomfortable, I ask you to not read this chapter. Finally, this may include a headcannon of mine. You have been warned.)

Kunikida's P.O.V

"Why is that idiot late again?!" I asked myself.

"Heey Kuuniikiidaaa~" Dazai started, approaching.

Before Dazai could say another word, I had already kicked him into a nearby wall.

"You're late!" I yelled at him.

All he did was grin.

"So what were we doing?" Dazai asked me.

"We have a job. We're supposed to go follow a very dangerous person for a few hours to make sure that they don't hurt anyone."

"Oh ok. Then let's go, Kunikida. Come on, you're making us late," Dazai remarked.

"You idiot! We're already fifteen minutes late because of you! You have no room to talk!" I yelled at him, pointing at my watch.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," he answered.

I rushed him along as much as I could, hoping that he'd listen to me for once.

He mostly didn't, and he teased me plenty along the way over my notebook.

When we made it to the sight, the guy we were supposed to be watching was about to leave. We stayed hidden and watched the car he was in drive away. I used my ability to create a vehicle so that we could keep up with him.

After following him for a few minutes, he pulled over at Yanaka cemetery. Then, he got out of his car and walked over to a grave stone.

A man walked up beside of him and said something inaudible to me. When the man turned around to leave, I snapped a photo of him for later.

Then, the suspect we were following pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head.

Blood splattered everywhere, and the man's lifeless body lay on the grave he'd been standing in front of only moments before.

I didn't know what to do, but I knew our mission was still not over.

Now, I had to find out who the man in that picture is.

After a few hours of the picture being run through the police system, the facial recognition scan came to an end.

The man in the picture was Kobo Abe.

Apparently, he was a newspaper writer for The Japan Times. He had started about a week ago after moving here from another part of Japan.

He'd been arrested once for illegal gun possession, but he wasn't charged with it for some reason.

He had no address listed in his file, so I decided to go ask his employer. And I dragged Dazai along with me.

When we got there, we were surprised to see that the man's employer had been a woman.

"What happened to Mr. Mioda?" I asked the woman.

She smiled sadly and said, "He's in a better place, now."

"Miss, you are stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! May I ask you to commit a double suicide with me?" Dazai asked her, taking her hands in his.

I glared at him and told him to shut up. All he did was look at me and tell me that telling others to shut up gave you heart conditions in the future.