Steve // @LaurenBlurton

The last thing I remember is feeling a sharp pain in my abdomen and looking down to see my white t-shirt turn crimson. Now I heard beeping and a large spectrum of voices. When I finally pried my eyes open, they were met with a blinding white light that forced them to close again. Am I dead?

"Just let me see her," I heard. Wait a minute. That voice was familiar.

"I'm sorry sir but you cannot. She hasn't woken up yet and all of our tests are not yet done."

"C'mon man! She needs me!" That was Steve. I forced my eyes open once more and fought to keep them open. I looked to my left and saw Steve struggling to get past a group of doctors, but they were pushing him back. Why won't they let him in? What's wrong with me? I started worrying and the beeping intensified. I broke out into a sweat and the doctors rushed in. They all surrounded me and I started sweating even more. I could hear Steve beating on the door.

"Let me in!" he yelled. Other choice words were added afterwards.

"Let him in," I managed to say. Two of the doctors looked at each other.

"Are you sure? You just got out of-"

"God damnit, let him in." The head doctor sighs after checking the machines. He mumbles something about being stable and walks over to the door. I hear a click and Steve rushes in. The doctors and nurses file out after the head doctor's instructions to give us a minute.

Steve wastes no time in grabbing my hand and kissing my cheek.

"God Lauren, I was so worried. I thought I lost you after you'd just come home and they wouldn't tell me anything-"

I cut him off. "Come here." He brought his head closer. "Closer." He obeyed. When he was finally close enough, I pressed my lips to his. He slipped his hand behind my neck and kissed me back. "Don't worry, you're not losing me anytime soon," I smiled after pulling away. Steve grinned back and leaned in to kiss me one more time. Just then a doctor came in.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your moment but I have some news that I think you'd both like know." I shared a worried glance with Steve and clutched his hand. "Ms. Blurton... you're pregnant and the baby is surprisingly healthy." I blinked a few times.

"Come again?" Steve asked, clearly as dumbfounded as me. The doctor chuckled and repeated what he said. The doctor excused himself but even after he left, I continued staring at the space where he had been standing.

"OhmyGod," Steve and I both said at the same time. I turned my head and when my blue eyes met Steve's green ones, a grin spread across both of our faces.

"I say we call it Steve, no matter the gender," he stated matter-of-factly. I shook my head and laughed. As much as he was a moron, I wouldn't want to start a family with anyone else.

A/N
Guys, I am so so sorry! But school is finally out for the summer so hopefully I can get back to writing! I really am genuinely sorry about this long wait. I will open requests again when I finish up the ones that I still have. Anyway, this imagine goes out to @LaurenBlurton! I hope this is what you imagined love!

deuces,
brie