Two-Bit

You rolled over and were alarmed to find that the other side of the bed was cold and empty. It was still dark out so Two-Bit shouldn't be up yet. You quickly got up and peered into your daughter's crib, and saw that she wasn't in it either. Only the worst things rushed through your head so you ran out the bedroom door and down the stairs. You came to a halt when you saw your boyfriend and your daughter curled up on the couch, watching TV. You sighed in relief and began to watch. Your daughter, Alaska, kept coughing ever so quietly and Two-Bit would rub her back every time she did so.

"Hey," you said quietly as you sat down next to them. Alaska looked up at you, smiled, and then turned her gaze back to the TV. Two-Bit smiled at you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "Why are you up so early?" you asked.

"Alaska was coughing and had a slight fever and I wanted to let you sleep so I gave her medicine and then let her watch TV," he explained. You looked at him and then smiled, remembering why you fell for him. "What?" he chuckled.

"I just love you a lot and it's cute to see you with Alaska," you said.

"I love you more Gracie Curtis."

"Not possible Keith Mathews." Then Two-Bit leaned over and pressed his lips to yours. You broke apart when Alaska climbed onto your lap. You scooted over towards Two-Bit and snuggled into him as the three of you watched TV at 3 o'clock in the morning.