Darry // @Missey101

"Bob, stop lying! I know you've been cheating on me with Cherry Valance."

"Babe! I'm not lying to you!"

I chuckled and shook my head. "You son of a bitch. We're fucking done Bob Sheldon. We're fucking done." He turned around and banged his fists on the wall.

"Fine! Walk out and see if I care!"

"Oh honey, I know you don't."

<><><>

The next two weeks I walked around with my head down, staring at my feet. Until one Friday. I was at my locker collecting my books when I felt someone walk up and stand beside me. I glanced up slowly, thinking it was Bob, but was relieved to see that it wasn't. Instead, it was a senior named Darry Curtis. He was the star of the football team and very handsome. No wonder he was so well-liked. But why was he at my locker? I mean, we'd talked a few times but...

"Hey Stacey," he smiled.

"H-hi Darry." My eyes flickered up to meet his beautiful blue ones. It was silent for a few moments before Darry spoke up. 

"So I know you recently broke up with Bob and if you don't want to I totally understand, but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out tomorrow night?" I stopped putting my books in my bag and looked back up at him.

"Yeah, I would like that." I surprised myself by saying that. I thought I'd never get over Bob, you know? And by Darry's reaction, I think I surprised him too.

"Really? Alright, how about I pick you up at 7:30? Is that okay?" I smiled for the first time in weeks. 

"Sounds perfect."

<><><>

Darry and I have been going out for about two months and they've been the greatest two months of my life. He's a real gentleman, opening car doors and bringing me roses. Every second I'm with him I'm smiling and laughing and happy. Right now I was walking over to his house to surprise him. I was walking along the road, minding my own business, when I heard brakes screech behind me. I turned around and saw Bob and his goons jumping out of a car and running towards me. What the hell? I was about to turn and run when Bob grabbed a hold of me and slammed me against the fence to the baseball fields. I slammed my head against the metal pole and felt my head throbbing as Bob screamed into my face. I'm not quite sure what he was saying because my head hurt so bad. 

"Are you listening to me?" he yelled, the alcohol on his breath forcing its way into my nose, making me gag. All of sudden his hand was flying across my face, dropping me to the ground. Bob's friends started kicking me and spitting on me. 

"Get off her!" I heard someone yell. I tried to turn my head but it throbbed in protest. I laid stiffly on the ground as I heard fist meet face. I kept my eyes open until I saw Bob and his cronies limp away to the car. Then I let everything fade to black.

<><><>

When I finally woke up, I was lying in a foreign bed. I blinked a few times to make everything clear. 

"Stacey? Stace, it's Darry," someone said. I looked to my left and saw Darry sitting on a chair beside me, his eyebrows knitted with worry and his two hands clasping mine. "Oh thank God you're okay," he said, dropping his forehead to the blankets.

"Darry, how bad do I look?" I asked, remembering what happened. 

"Not bad at all. Beautiful, like always," he smiled, picking his head up to kiss my forehead. I smiled weakly and fell to the pillow. "Will you be okay if I leave for a little bit?" he asked gently.

"Where are you going?" I asked worriedly as I sat up. He bit his lip as he looked at the ground. "Darry..."

"I'm gonna go beat up the son of a bitch who did this to you." I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him to me, gently kissing his lips.

"Please be careful," I whispered as I pulled away. He nodded and stood up to leave. Right before he left the room I said, "Don't forget to kick his scrawny ass." Darry smiled st me and left the room.

A/N

I hope you like this! I wasn't quite sure how to write it but I hope this suffices!

keep slaying

-brie